Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machine Wars Showcase

Default Machine Wars Showcase

only small so you can complete the whole set with ease!!

Awesome! Machine Wars is the line that I am least familiar with so its good to see these toys.

awesome stuff, instant collection in mint condition takes a whole lot of stress away

Very cool! So Machine Wars used G1 moulds for the boxed figures and unique moulds for the carded ones? Or are they G2 moulds?

Never realised Thunder Clash was repainted to make an Optimus Prime, I think he was also going be Menasor at one stage.

I believe they're moulds that were going to be used for G2 but abandoned, then revived for Machine Wars. You'll notice that they've used Falcon's card art for Machine Wars Megatron and Megaplex despite the fact that they're entirely different jets and moulds!!

The existing G1 moulds are modified too to comply with US safety laws (since the original G1 moulds were never previously released in America). None of them come with hand held launcher guns and the Thunderclash mould was extensively modified to become Optimus Prime; the rapid fire missile launcher has been totally disabled and instead replaced with just regular spring loaded launchers that can only fire one missile at a time (like most TF missile launchers) - which is a shame because that's an _awesome_ gimmick on Thunderclash. The missiles on Prime are also a lot longer too so they're not choking hazards.

The colours are nicer on the Machine Wars toys, but the original G1s are more fun to play with, especially when you compare Thunderclash w/ Optimus Prime.

someone post the original molds especially thunderclash!! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Awesome! Machine Wars is the line that I am least familiar with so its good to see these toys.
    +1 , also I only own 1 toy from the line - Starsceam (cos he was given to me free) .
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    but that would negate the purpose of this thread

and isn't is frowned upon to post pictures of your entire collection in these 'showcase' type threads? no matter how small the line is/was

Autocons picture of the entire line has highly offended me

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    Methinks the G1 showcase or Comparison Pics threads might be better suited for that. I'm sure I've already posted a comparative photo of Thunderclash and MW Optimus Prime in the Comparison Pics thread.

so i opened my mw starscream and he has no gun. was he meant to have a gun? there is one on all the box art