View Poll Results: Who's Your Favourite Seeker & Why?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starscream

11 31.43%
  • Skywarp

11 31.43%
  • Thundercracker

7 20.00%
  • Ramjet

2 5.71%
  • Dirge

3 8.57%
  • Thrust

4 11.43%
  • Acid Storm

1 2.86%
  • Sunstorm

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's Your Favourite Seeker & Why?

Yeah but I don't like how Acid Storm got made into a Classicsverse toy before 'stock and standard' Seekers like Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker. Surely they should take priority over such obscure characters. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah but I don't like how Acid Storm got made into a Classicsverse toy before 'stock and standard' Seekers like Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker. Surely they should take priority over such obscure characters. :/
    Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker already got toys based on that design in 2007's 'Games of Deception' boxset. It was probably thought a good idea to rest them until either Takara did something new, or find a way themselves to update each without making the BotCon attendies feel like purchasing the same figures twice.

Technically no... Dirge, Thrust & Thundercracker were all released either as Botcon exclusives or Henkei/Gentei releases before Universe/Classics Acid Storm was released.

(to be honest, I know what you meant Gok - mainstream Hasbro retail releases... just wanted to gee you up! )

Did Hasbro themselves actually release the Timelines Seekers, or were they released by Fun Publications (organisers of BotCon 07) with permission from Hasbro?

Either way, Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge should have been released as regular store toys, and Acid Storm should have been the convention exclusive. FP didn't release those Seekers because they necessarily wanted those characters to be limited exclusives, but because Hasbro had failed to release them as Classics (so having them as limited exclusives was better than not having them at all - lesser of two evils).

TakaraTOMY is as equally guilty as Hasbro for not releasing those Seekers as regular store figures either, but at the same time they didn't go and release a highly obscure Seeker like Acid Storm as a regular store figure... cos that kinda adds insult to injury IMO. And for those who argue that Sunstorm isn't the yellow rainmaker, then release a toy based on the yellow Rainmaker and call it Solarstorm.

Obscure characters like Acid Storm, Sunstorm etc. work well as limited exclusives, but classic G1 characters like Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust etc. ought to be released as regular store exclusives. I reckon they would have sold. Instead we just had plethoras of Acid Storms shelf-warming for ages before they finally got sold. In my observation both Generations Thrust and Dirge have been/are selling well and don't appear to be peg warmers to me.

Having said all that... after they give us Generations Thundercracker I'd like to see the blue Rainmaker released as a toy (call it Thunderstorm ).

I'd say that at the time, as you seem to agree, FunPub and Hasbro's choice to release the remaining seekers as exclusives was the only way they were going to see the light of day.

Everything that unfortunately followed that (TT's exclusive release, Hasbro's delayed release) are all cascading effects of that one event, which to reinforce, was at the time, in the best interest of fans.

And I still stand firm in my belief Hasbro will never release Thundercracker using the Classics seeker mold in G1 colors.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    And I still stand firm in my belief Hasbro will never release Thundercracker using the Classics seeker mold in G1 colors.
    At least not as a widely released mainstream toy... afterall, Skywarp wasn't exactly a regular release by Hasbro (only available as 2-Pack with Ultra Magnus as a store exclusive)

Skywarp. His colours are sexy and he plays many pranks, like me.

Instead we just had plethoras of Acid Storms shelf-warming for ages before they finally got sold.
    They sold out in Melbourne I believe...

<glances at STL>

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Thundercracker. I always liked his colour scheme the best (cartoon and toy versions). I like that he has doubts of the Decepticon cause and isn't just an Evil Robot.
    Agree with all points plus he was my first TF toy

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    They sold out in Melbourne I believe...

<glances at STL>
    I think STL took every state's allocation...