Thread: What are the chances of G.I. Joe: Retaliation toys making it here?

Default What are the chances of G.I. Joe: Retaliation toys making it here?

If we are to follow this post over at the HissTank message board, probably quite small:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/3631579-post20073.html

Originally Posted by SUPERVERITECH
    I emailed Hasbro to find out if/when the Retaliation toys would become available in Australia. This was their response..

"Unfortunately, Hasbro Australia no longer distributes this particular product. There are no plans to re introduce the GI Joes line of product to the Australian consumer. If you wish to purchase the GI Joe range of product you would have to find a site that sends to Australia. I am sorry I cannot assist you."

Probably nothing I didn't expect.

Mind you, anything can happen between now and then (HintHintRejectShopHintHint).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    If we are to follow this post over at the HissTank message board, probably quite small:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/3631579-post20073.html

Originally Posted by SUPERVERITECH
    I emailed Hasbro to find out if/when the Retaliation toys would become available in Australia. This was their response..

"Unfortunately, Hasbro Australia no longer distributes this particular product. There are no plans to re introduce the GI Joes line of product to the Australian consumer. If you wish to purchase the GI Joe range of product you would have to find a site that sends to Australia. I am sorry I cannot assist you."

Probably nothing I didn't expect.

Mind you, anything can happen between now and then (HintHintRejectShopHintHint).
    Remember that often Hasbro Australia talks out of their behinds. They said that the Hasbro MP-10 would not be released here but TrU simultaneously confirmed that they will have it in stock later in the year.

Not great I'd say. Though only a handfull of toys look worth getting anyway as it is likely they suffer from Hasbro Movie Toy syndrome.

To answer your question... no chance at all, unless some toyshops purchase their stock from overseas suppliers and bypass the local Hasbro toy reps/suppliers. but still, pretty slim.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I asked TRU Parramatta today, a guy that works there thinks they will get some. But I think he is just guessing... ?

I hope they do come here but I am doubtful.

I don't think they will come here. The toys from the first GI Joe movie shelf warmed like crazy. Remember Coles flogging a heap off for $2 and Toyworld had them all half price.

No loss to be honest

I emailed Hasbro on the 19th about it, hoping to have an answer before the Movie came out....

The second GIJoe movie comes out next week. I would have expected to see the toys in stores by now if Australia was getting any... are we?

There weren’t any on display at Toyfair, but that probably would have been too late for a one-off movie that would be out a month later.

Did the 9 month delay in its release end up preventing a release of the toys, or were the first movie toys not popular enough for retailers to want to pick up more?

I got a reply at the end of last week...

We aren't running the G.I.joe range in the Pacific markets this time around. The smaller size of the range and more limited demand from retail, especially with the movie date change, meant we were unable to make it work.
    This was probably due to the first movie toys not doing so well.
    But they had an extra 9 months to convince at least one store to take it on as an exclusive line (like Machine Wars was in America).
    And it is a big block-buster movie, that is expected to do as well as other comic/action movies that had one-off toylines cashing in on it. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Man I haven't seen Joes on the shelves since the first movie. Before then I don't think I'd seen Joes on the shelves since the 80s. Probably just too expensive retail price for such small figures over here.

i spotted a vehicle or 2 in the comic store in sydney, not really mass release stuff tho
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy