Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: FansProject Upcoming Projects~!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    I read that earlier and I agree with the reviewer and others who have said that the colors chosen do take away from the Superion tribute and are kinda bad. The prototype looked better due to the lighter more superion like colors.

Due to the colors and on top of that the price - I am tempted to pull out and not buy one but I have a invested so much on this since it was announced that I am in too deep (Bought a Universe Superion set that I would have otherwise not gotten). I don't want to repaint the accessory kit either because its too damn expensive to use as kitbash fodder.

This is the first FansProjects product that has disappointed me but as mentioned, I am in too far and wish to still support Fans Projects even if the 'WTF?' colors on this are something more in the realm of Hasbro paint jobs and the cost too high.

yeah, i'm not happy that they dont look like the original colours, but as Kyle mentioned to me the other day...(correct me if i am misquoting you)
    the grey is neutral and is suitable across all the different versions of superion maximii

anyways, i was always planning to repaint the entire thing to better resemble G1 colour scheme... i mean ytf is there a pink plane?

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    yeah, i'm not happy that they dont look like the original colours, but as Kyle mentioned to me the other day...(correct me if i am misquoting you)
    the grey is neutral and is suitable across all the different versions of superion maximii

anyways, i was always planning to repaint the entire thing to better resemble G1 colour scheme... i mean ytf is there a pink plane?
    Pink...
    I Thought it was Purple???

Anyway, maybe the colour in question could of been the closet colour to "As" well, as keeping it close to Grey...
    While maintaining a similar Brightness of Fluorescence which can be used on Kids toys for Visual Stimulation

Or it could be due to someone trying to differentiate it (or/and save money) by adding Blue to the Red "which makes Purple" to Highlight the shades of White, Light Greys and Dark Greys ??????
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 14th July 2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: whoops to late

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Pink...

I Thought it was Purple???
    its a pinkish purple almost lilac.

I bought a spare from Energon and painted him red for more G1 accuracy...

wasn't satisfied with the colours, but the product is fantastic, knowing FP are smart folk will proberly release a white version since it good business practice to reuse a mold as many times as possible , i get it then
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    wasn't satisfied with the colours, but the product is fantastic, knowing FP are smart folk will proberly release a white version since it good business practice to reuse a mold as many times as possible , i get it then
    That link I posted is just a casual fan using the limbs on his own toy, that I thought I would share with you all. If I created any false illusion that FP will be re-using the mould to release another version, that was NOT my intention at all.

I hope there isn't a white version after this release otherwise my oppinion of Fan Projects would hit rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I hope there isn't a white version after this release otherwise my oppinion of Fan Projects would hit rock bottom.
    Yes! They should never release another product again!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Yes! They should never release another product again!
    I just think that after a lot of less than enthusiastic feedback regarding the current gray color not just from here but the international boards too, it would look bad on them if they allow many fans buy this set and then release a more G1 accurate 'clearer' repaint.

It's a great set and that's its main sales appeal despite the colors and high cost but I am just putting it out there.