Think my progression was:

Atari 2600
    NES
    Super NES
    Nintendo 64
    Wii
    PS3

With my Gameboy and PC off to one side

Like many others, I haven't bothered to upgrade to the next generation of systems and probably wont until my kids get old enough to want one
    That's awesome Trev!

My Progress was:

Atari 2600/Coleco (they are contemporary)
    NES/PC - Always a PC gamer so for many years it was also a big part of my gaming.
    SNES/PC
    N64/PC
    PC
    PS3
    WiiU

After N64 I became a 100% dedicated PC gamer for several years. Most of the console games released at the time did not interest me much. Then the original Wii came out but very soon after the Dolphin emulator on PC had matured so well that it technically surpassed the Wii console itself. I played several Wii Games as well as Gamecube on the PC in HD with updated effects and graphics.

After that I bought a Phat PS3 very cheaply (because it was broken but I was able to fix) and started playing the PS3 exclusives that had caught my attention which were really just a few games as everything else had been released on PC and often with superior graphics.

Only recently when I decided to collect Nintendo consoles did I get a Gamecube and Wii.

The last console I bought is the Wii U and mostly due to the great exclusives. I actually use the Wii U a hell of a lot more for games than the PS3.

For handhelds

- Gameboy
    - Pocket Gameboy
    (Huge gap)
    - Nintendo DS (which I used an R4 card to have apps like a smart phone as I only had a normal Nokia at the time)
    - 3DS
    - New 3DS

Only recently as I begun collecting consoles did I buy a Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and GBA SP.

My first was the Master System 2, I've recently just got back into them in the last year or so, been collecting anything from Sega master system onwards to the PS1, but also have a wii U

anyone got any they want to sell? mainly games

After waiting nearly a month, it finally arrived, Nintendo's most infamous console ever made..The Virtual Boy!

Nearly a month ago, I saw a Virtual Boy console going reasonably priced on eBay so I decided to bid and to my then perceived fortune, I managed to win it for a decent price. The seller's description had it as "Tested and fully working!" so that also gave me some confidence to bid. The photos showed a Virtual Boy in reasonably good condition with some minor cosmetic work needed.

Unfortunately upon arrival yesterday, I noticed that the Virtual Boy came without a battery pack. This immediately caused me a bit of concern since the seller heavily implied its inclusion with the "fully workig" item description. This also worried me as if there is no battery pack, how was it tested and does it even work?

I needed to verify its functionality so I went to Jaycar and bought some electronic stuff to Macgyver together my own Battery Pack. I was able to boot up the console but as I feared, the left lens wasn't working so far from 'fully working'.

As a result I have requested a partial refund from the seller but I suspect he will try to be a jerk about it since his reply after I mentioned the lack of power supply was 'I never said it would be included' despite saying the unit was functional.

At least I have an interesting restoration job at hand although it is more than what I first bargained for...

Last edited by kup; 14th May 2016 at 11:13 PM.

That's a cool piece Kup...

I'm assuming you paid via PayPal? If the seller wants to be a douche, just claim against him... I dare say you'll see a remarkable turn around in his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    That's a cool piece Kup...

I'm assuming you paid via PayPal? If the seller wants to be a douche, just claim against him... I dare say you'll see a remarkable turn around in his attitude.
    Thanks Janda. We'll see what happens with the seller. I have given him a few days to reply.

In the mean time, I ordered some security screw drivers to open the Virtual Boy up and see if it can be fixed. The screw driver I have is too thick.

Finished restoring my Virtual Boy! Fixed the faulty imager ribbon that was preventing one of the lenses from working by refluxing it a few times.

All games I own so far with Virtual Boy Wario Land playing.

holy crap you actually have a virtual boy. what's it like??

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    holy crap you actually have a virtual boy. what's it like??
    It is unusual and although I don't suffer from motion sickness, playing on it a while and then stopping makes me feel as if i just woke up from a bad night.

The red and black is ugly but one can get used to it plus it is a somewhat novelty of the VB. The 3D effect is somewhat similar to that of the 3DS but still in a kind of 2D way. It is kind of if a paper cutout is placed more towards you further in front of the background. I guess similar to how opening credits text looks in a 3d movie

I believe you can now play emulated VB with the 3D effect using your Android smartphone and a cheap VR casing such as Google Cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I believe you can now play emulated VB with the 3D effect using your Android smartphone and a cheap VR casing such as Google Cardboard.
    Didn't know that, I'd be curious to look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Didn't know that, I'd be curious to look into that.
    Here:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/09/...gle-cardboard/