Page 146 of 183 FirstFirst ... 126136141142143144145146147148149150151156166 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The Gobots called. They want their names back. Oh. Wait...

You missed the best one - Prowl 2.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's Robots In Disguise. They gave us other choice names like...
    * Race Exertion Vehicle (R.E.V.)
    * X-Brawn
    * Ro-Tor
    * Wicked Attack Reconnaissance Sports Car (W.A.R.S. - don't ask me were "cars" went in this acronym)
    * Side Burn
    * Skid-Z!
    * Mirage GT
    * Sky-Byte. Cos ya know... umm... shark... bytes of data... in the sky?
    * Wind Sheer. No that's not a typo, that's actually how they spelt it.
    * Nightcruz. No, not "cruise," 'cruz.' Totally different meaning!
    * Slapper (which in British English slang refers to a woman of loose morals)
    * Movor (is that pronounced "moo-vor" or "mow-vor"?)
    * Mega-Octane (although in hindsight this is way better than Tankor)
    * Smokejumper - there's nothing inherently wrong with this name, but it seems completely irrelevant to the toy/character. A smokejumper is a firefighter who parachutes into bushfires. I doubt that they do it from supersonic jet fighters though.

RiD wasn't the best series for new names. Although Armourhide and Darkscream were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    You missed the best one - Prowl 2.
    lol Cos the one thing that Prowl desperately needed was a sequel.
    Although I do like how they've retconned Prowl 2 to explain why Prowl appears in The Headmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I just looked up what he looks like. He really should be called LeMansus as he's a LMP car not a NASCAR. Apparently Hasbro can't tell the difference between a Porsche 962 and a crappy Chevrolet.
    Surely ONE of them woul've played SEGA's Daytona game in their life???? Crikey, what a shambles

Damn it. My local Kmart and Big W have both restocked TR this week. The shelves were almost completely bear of TR now there's a ton of it.

I really want to display the little human companion figures that come with some MPs but they keep falling over on my shelf. Only two I have no problem with are Chip Chase and Raoul for obvious reasons.

I know they wouldn't be able to interact with the MPs but I wish they all had a base like Raoul.

Little bit of Blutac. Unless you have them being held by the MPs themselves.

I've always wodnered why Spike and Sparkplug never changed out of their oil rig clothes... Were orange gum boots that fashionable?

Yep. I put a little piece of Blu Tac underneath one foot for each figure. For Chip I put a small piece of Blu Tac on his back to secure him to his wheelchair.

I'm personally glad that they're not like Raoul because that figurine just sucks as a toy. It's nothing more than a static display piece, whereas the other MP humans are articulated miniature action figures. Okay, Chip is a static piece too. They could've permanently attached that figure to his wheelchair and nothing much would change. The figure can't sit inside any MP vehicles so... if you want you could just glue Chip to his wheelchair.

I actually worry about adhesive of any type discolouring the paint or plastic. I take it you guys have used blu tac long term and it doesn't hurt?

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I really want to display the little human companion figures that come with some MPs but they keep falling over on my shelf. Only two I have no problem with are Chip Chase and Raoul for obvious reasons.

I know they wouldn't be able to interact with the MPs but I wish they all had a base like Raoul.
    The human figures keep falling over probably cos they don't have eyes.