• Maybe if...

3 10.34%
  • No

1 3.45%
  • Doesn't interest me

7 24.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy review - MPM3 Movie Masterpiece Bumblebee

It could be the photography lighting because when I saw this toy IRL it didn't look so canary yellow. With highly detailed licensed vehicles like these the colours are often dictated or require approval by the motor vehicle company, because they'll want the colours to match the vehicles IRL. This is why BT Tracks was initially yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It could be the photography lighting because when I saw this toy IRL it didn't look so canary yellow. With highly detailed licensed vehicles like these the colours are often dictated or require approval by the motor vehicle company, because they'll want the colours to match the vehicles IRL. This is why BT Tracks was initially yellow.
    I'm not a car colour guy but I own this figure and my first thought on removing it from the box was that the yellow needed to be a few shades closer to orange to be accurate.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'll readily admit my lighting wasn't optimal; looking at my Bumblebee right now, his yellow is a bit darker than most of my photos. A different camera could also affect how he looks in a photo.

In comparing the figure to the Camaro used in the 2007 movie, it doesn't help that the colour of the car changes depending on the lighting and the shot. In some photos it has an orange tint to it, in others it looks metallic, like a bright gold.

It's unknown how specific the licensor - Chevrolet - is with Bumblebee's colours. Hasbro have had more than a few shades of yellow with Bumblebees over the years. That and the black and grey repaints (and 2007's Cliffjumper) seem to imply that Chevrolet aren't too fussy with the colours.

Absolutely gorgeous, transformation is intuitive and fun, face sculpt is bang on for movie likeness, light piping in head and headlights is spectacular, variation in plastic thickness means his pupil is darker than his iris!
    Blaster arm works well, poseability, ratchets all fantastic.
    I particularly love how the rear bumper and brake lights collapse to form his calf.
    Just buy it

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    transformation is intuitive
    Completely disagree. This is a transformation that can definitely have you reaching for the instructions the first time you do it. Once you've done it once though, it is really straightforward.

My one gripe with the figure is that the instructions made no mention of the storage feature for the Stinger blaster in car mode. That sort of thing shouldn't be missed in instructions for a premium figure.