Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MV75 watches Beast Wars

Thread has been temporarily closed until MV75 finishes watching BW (or at least season 2).

There has to be a time when people need to let go of an argument if both sides are hostile or not prepared to conceed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    No I don't, I don't know what your point was then. I'm saying the toys were from the 90's, and you say 1996, where is the freaking difference?!!?!?!?!?
    His point was that you stated you expect more "now". You're not looking at the toys in context. And risk looking like a fool for refusing to do so.

Now, If I were interested in collecting the merchandise, I'm now comparing it to what I expect from a current new series, and in comparison, BW toys fall very short.
    That's just ridiculous.

That's akin to someone claiming that the colours TVs introduced into Australia in the 1970s were crap - and not worth acknowledging - because they're not flatscreen plasmas.

Or claiming that the classic Monaros are rubbish because they didn't come with airbags and didn't run on unleaded petrol.

And you're still ignoring the utter cr4p that's released now - and there's plently of it. CyberSlammrs, FABs, Ultimate Bumblebee and many others which are simple, cheesy toys.

By the way, I don't see how Goktimus asking you to respect the toys is trying to force anything onto you. Goktimus at no point is assuming you totally like beasts.

Your comment about lateral thinking is well and truly across the line.

You don't like the concept of Beast Wars. We get that. DO NOT continue to insult it purely because you don't like it. You've provided no evidence of examples of how Beast Wars does not meet current standards, and ignored the arguments I have presented.

Your insults of Goktimus, who is providing evidence to back him his position while you continue to avoid doing the same, are NOT acceptable.

Don't try and compare the good against the crap. You'll get nowhere.
    Put up or shut up. Provide us with evidence of why Beast Wars is so awful. So far all you've done is carried on about how BW toys are poor and told us modern toys are so much better.

Damned if I do and damned if I don't, so be it.
    As long as you provide statements without any proof, yes.

What the hell am I to do when people can't understand one sentence and keep pushing their views on me?
    Provide something to back up your opinion. So far all you've done is insult Goktimus.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    No one HAS to back up a damm thing.

You can have an opinion and no one is entitled to hear what you think unless you want to.
    No, but if they want to be taken seriously, they need to justify their stance. Soundwarp, you gave us a really good account of your journey through Beast Wars, and made it clear that you appreciated it despite your reservations about the concept. You gave us a balanced view of why you were able to appreciate the show, even if you didn't necessarily like the concept. You were able to recognise the strengths of the series despite your opinion of the concept - MV75 is not doing that (as far as the toys go).

MV75 is arguing that Beast Wars toys are inherently poor without telling us why he feels this way. It's got nothing to do with what he's saying, but the fact he's making a controversial claim without even trying to tell us why he's making the claim.

As I stated earlier, I can't stand Animated. I hate the concept of the series, I hate the design aesthetic. But I've always made it clear that this is personal preference. MV75 has done the same thing with Beast Wars - noone is asking him to like the concept. However we _are_ asking him to back up his claims about the toys. Which he is not doing.

Michael, either provide specific examples of why you believe the BW toyline is inferior to today's toys or do not make the claim. That's what we're asking.

Edit - Guh griffin closed the thread as I was replying. MV75, I do hope you're willing to apologise for that "lateral thinking" remark. I'm very unimpressed by that one.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Reguardless of how any of the board staff here interacts in a discussion topic, when they put on their Moderator/Admin "hat" to deal with bad behaviour or a breach of board rules, you must take them seriously and respond to their requests or actions responsibly.
    I don't accept any abusive or insulting behaviour against a staff member once they have their Moderator "hat" on. Other forums would remove members for disrespecting the forum (the staff and the rules are the forum's foundation), and don't think I won't do the same, because I have before, and will again if necessary to maintain the integrity of your/mine/our community here.
    Last edited by griffin; 17th October 2008 at 10:51 PM.