Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hugo Weaving interview with Collider

Megatron Guest

Default Hugo Weaving interview with Collider

As the voice of Megatron, has Michael Bay called about the next Transformers movie yet?

WEAVING: No. That’s a weird job for me because it honestly was a two-hour voice job, initially. I was doing a play and I actually didn’t have time, anyway. It was one of the only things I’ve ever done where I had no knowledge of it, I didn’t care about it, I didn’t think about it. They wanted me to do it. In one way, I regret that bit. I don’t regret doing it, but I very rarely do something if it’s meaningless. It was meaningless to me, honestly. I don’t mean that in any nasty way. I did it. It was a two-hour voice job, while I was doing other things. Of course, it’s a massive film that’s made masses of money. I just happened to be the voice of one of the iconic villainous characters. But, my link to that and to Michael Bay is so minimal. I have never met him. I was never on set. I’ve seen his face on Skype. I know nothing about him, really. I just went in and did it. I never read the script. I just have my lines, and I don’t know what they mean. That sounds absolutely pathetic! I’ve never done anything like that, in my life. It’s hard to say any more about it than that, really.

Full interview here

Maybe Frank Welker will take his place for TF4 instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    Maybe Frank Welker will take his place for TF4 instead?
    i find it hard for Megatron to even return... his ressurection in ROTF was easy enough.. but after World War Prime what can they possibly do to revive megs this time..

Now Galvatron is a different story and easilly get a new VA for..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i find it hard for Megatron to even return... his ressurection in ROTF was easy enough.. but after World War Prime what can they possibly do to revive megs this time..
    I hope..

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Now Galvatron is a different story and easilly get a new VA for..
    I hope not..

We'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind if Weaving did return, I thought he did a great job despite him not caring.

This gives an insight on how Michael Bay handles things professionally.

Kinda reminds me of Orson Wells when interviewed about the animated movie.

Here is Michael Bay's response. Apparently he only had it up for a day or two before he took it down:

Do you ever get sick of actors that make $15 million a picture, or even $200,000 for voiceover work that took a brisk one hour and 43 minutes to complete, and then complain about their jobs? With all the problems facing our world today, do these grumbling thespians really think people reading the news actually care about trivial complaints that their job wasn’t ‘artistic enough” or “fulfilling enough”? I guess The Hollywood Reporter thinks so.

What happened to people who had integrity, who did a job, got paid for their hard work, and just smiled afterward? Be happy you even have a job – let alone a job that pays you more than 98% of the people in America.

I have a wonderful idea for all those whiners: They can give their “unhappy job money” to a wonderful Elephant Rescue. It’s the David Sheldrick WildlifeTrust in Africa. I will match the funds they donate.

Bunch or rich, angry fraggers aint they!

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Here is Michael Bay's response. Apparently he only had it up for a day or two before he took it down:

Do you ever get sick of actors that make $15 million a picture, or even $200,000 for voiceover work that took a brisk one hour and 43 minutes to complete, and then complain about their jobs? With all the problems facing our world today, do these grumbling thespians really think people reading the news actually care about trivial complaints that their job wasn’t ‘artistic enough” or “fulfilling enough”? I guess The Hollywood Reporter thinks so.

What happened to people who had integrity, who did a job, got paid for their hard work, and just smiled afterward? Be happy you even have a job – let alone a job that pays you more than 98% of the people in America.

I have a wonderful idea for all those whiners: They can give their “unhappy job money” to a wonderful Elephant Rescue. It’s the David Sheldrick WildlifeTrust in Africa. I will match the funds they donate.

Interesting.

I'm sure Weaving didn't mean it that way.

Here's the link: Michael Bay Fires Back at Hugo Weaving’s TRANSFORMERS Comments
    Last edited by Megatron; 19th October 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Huh... he actually has a point ya know.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I think he mis-interpreted what Hugo was saying... in that it was just a job, and didn't have the time or desire to get into the fandom/franchise beyond that.

Perhaps fans on global sites were pointing fingers at Bay as if he was the reason why Hugo was not "able" to get more involved in the role or character, and Bay was responding defensively to that criticism... but really, a voice-over role that only took an hour doesn't require any character-research on the part of the Voice Actor.

Since Bay took down that comment, maybe he later realised that he was just drawn into something that wasn't his fault... this time at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

HEAPS mature response. Considering that was not what Weaving meant at all.

I have zero respect for him as a director.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain