Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POTP toys already out in America

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It hasn't been confirmed but they will release them. Likely some box sets (Terrorcons, Fembots, maybe the Dinobots) and some maybe single packages (like they might do a twin pack Buster and Hydra or release those with additional Godmaster partners).

But they would make Swoop look like the cartoon too, so the red breasted version (from Hasbro's own stock images!) isnt likely from Japan.
    Don’t know if I should wait and see what Takara will do with a cartoon accurate dinobot set, or get in on the game fast and get the Hasbro versions, which do look pretty superb. Slag is my favourite G1 character and I like his red-faced cartoon look better, so it’s eating at me a little bit.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'll be waiting on takara's efforts especially since reports suggest the clear parts on the dinobots are supposedly all clear plastic with the inside painted, no solid stuff at all.

That and stickers on voyagers, NEVER AGAIN

TakaraTomy are so far behind with the TR toys, we probably won't see their versions of POTP toys until mid next year.

More photos of the first wave of Deluxes, including some shots of them combined to some CW toys.

Also... it looks like each toy is randomly packed with one of 12 character cards, of that character with one of the 12 PrimeMasters. This was actually something Hasbro mentioned at SDCC, but no one (including me) really understood what they were talking about at the time... so if you are a completist with the character cards, you will need to track down 12 times the amount of POTP toys.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Also... it looks like each toy is randomly packed with one of 12 character cards, of that character with one of the 12 PrimeMasters. This was actually something Hasbro mentioned at SDCC, but no one (including me) really understood what they were talking about at the time... so if you are a completist with the character cards, you will need to track down 12 times the amount of POTP toys.
    How will completionist get them all without buying multiples of the same toy, its not like you can trade with anyone unless hasbro wants us to buy multiples of the same toy or encourage scalping on another level.

Artwork and tech specs is all we need, don't understand how hasbro wants the consumer to approach these.

TFW has a topic for people to post up the different character cards, and quite a few of the first wave Deluxes are already posted up (considering there are 48 different ones just for those four Deluxes).
    Even though the character card is behind the toy in the card bubble or box, you should be able to make out the card colour or Prime Master icon if you are wanting to collect a particular combination in-store.

They also note that each PrimeMaster gives each toy a similar ability, with some being quite powerful or unusual.

• Micronus (power linking / power sharing?)
    • Liege Maximo (smooth talking / eloquence)
    • Vector Prime (time travel / precision timing)
    • Alchemist Prime (transmutation of matter / changing physical or mental states)
    • Alpha Trion (knowledge)
    • Quintus Prime (creation of life / evolution)
    • Megatronus (destruction / all out attack)
    • Solus Prime (forging weapons / armor)
    • Onyx Prime (the least defined. Seems to bring out animalistic traits)
    • Amalgamous Prime (transformation, specifically into a form better suited for the situation)
    • Nexus Prime (combination)
    • Prima (justice / light / freedom)
    They also remind us of the different waves of PrimeMasters...
    Wave 1 (3) - Liege Maximo, Micronus, Vector Prime
    Wave 2 (2) - Alchemist Prime, Alpha Trion
    Wave 3 (3) - Megatronus, Quintus Prime, Solus Prime

Yet to be announced (4) - Amalgamous Prime, Nexus Prime, Onyx Prime, Prima.

There's now a page up on TFWiki with the known combinations and their flavor text.
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Prime_Master/Combinations
    Personally I dont really care about this gimmick with the cards, sure it might be cool to have all 12 of one characters power ups but worth buying the same character 12 times cool? Nah.

I thought the cards were explained pretty well when announced, what we're seeing is exactly what I expected. And the "abilities" all tie into the myths of those GodsPrimes.

Buying 12 of each figure to get every card is something a few people might do, but Hasbro would get more sales by releasing booster packs like actual trading cards.

Imagine the size of that trading card set. With 25 to 30 Deluxe or larger expected for POTP there could be over 300 cards to collect. I'd love for them to sell a complete deck, but I don't think there would be too many others buying them.
    If they do that for exclusives too, people may get very upset.