3 10.34%
  • No

1 3.45%
  • Doesn't interest me

7 24.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy review - MPM3 Movie Masterpiece Bumblebee

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It could just be the lighting, but the colours seem different: the dark grey looks a lot darker, almost black, and the plastic in the eyes looks to be a light blue as opposed to colourless with blue paint.
    Yeah it is very good lighting that was used but i reckon it is the same. From experience Takara may use that nice shiny plastic but we can't tell unless be have both versions.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Yeah it is very good lighting that was used but i reckon it is the same. From experience Takara may use that nice shiny plastic but we can't tell unless be have both versions.
    There have already been comparisons, between them both the only differences are the box (no stickers, despite some english text alot of japanese had been printed back over the warning labels and the character name), the factory tampos (on the right wing it only has the upper gm print not the lower one) and the eyes are pipped in CLEAR, no blue like the hasbro version (does light up better though).

Not only have I seen comparisons (I'll dig one out if required) but I actually own the japanese version thinking we'd never see it here (dead wrong), I quite like it but its not that big a difference, paint quality is about the same as hasbro mp bluestreak (ok but not perfection).

That and for some reason mine came with that gold chromed optimus prime leader shield, the box was double taped and out it popped, had no idea hlj was giving those away but I'm guessing it may of been added in the factory as that stuff is usually dropped loose.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Poor quality figure my joints were both right handed assembled, paint apps not properly done. Let down.

I had a fiddle with this toy last night. It's nice but not my cup of tea.

Transformed mine for the first time tonight. What a delightfully simple yet fun transformation! This figure exceeded my expectations, looking forward to MPM-04 now.

I struggled a bit with the car panels staying together. But bot mode was truly where the figure shined, with everything being securely tabbed into place.

I don't own this toy but I've seen someone else's IRL and had a bit of a fiddle with it. There are a lot of nice features to this toy which others have mentioned, but I found the one disappointing element to be this...

...the amount of mass sitting behind the head and wedged between the shoulders and where the door-wings are. Was there no way that they could've done some more MP trickery to compact this further? (similar to what we saw with toys like MP Bumblebee and Ratchethide?)

The Movie MPs aren't really my thing though.

Can't see how they could've achieved it, much like MP Hotrod with his similar backpack.

I need to sit down and have a good fidget with mine.

I bought it while on holidays and flipped it between modes a few times in my hotel room.

The joints for articulation on mine were all fine but a couple of the pin joints holding armour flaps on were very loose. The yellows were also quite mismatched across the different surfaces of the figure, and otherwise seemed quite light for the character. My feeling was that it should have been a slightly deeper shade of yellow.

Aside from that it seemed to be a fairly good figure.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    My feeling was that it should have been a slightly deeper shade of yellow.
    That's been the main put off foe me. The plastic looks a little too Butterbee for my liking and a bit too pastic-y If you know what I mean.
    What the general colour consensus of those who have him?
    On the plus side though, I know they'll release this again and again and again, so I can wait until one I like comes along.