Page 383 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 363373378379380381382383384385386387388393403 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Thanks Hursty
    You're a champ!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, I had a fiddle with Megatron and Shockwave last night, and their Mech Tech weapons were able to lock in deployed modes. For anyone else who hasn't tried it or hasn't worked it out yet, on the front of Shockwave's trigger is a small clip and when you push it down it aligns with a small slot. You just need to push the tip of the trigger into the slot so it clips into place. For Megatron's, as Sky Shadow said, you just turn the ladder just a bit after pushing it out all the way, and it locks in.

So it seems that the boxed TFs' mech tech weapons can lock... haven't been able to do it for any of the carded figures yet though.

Holy crap in a hat, you're right!

Look at all those Beast Machines and Animorph toys shelfwarming there...
    Man how many people in that photo are still OTCA active members today Gok?

I have a feeling that a couple of our SA fans may have gone from active to inactive

That photo was taken in Melb, but we had fans from Melb, Adelaide, Syd and Tokyo there.

Still active OTCAers from that photo:
    + dirge
    + Goktimus Prime
    + Demonac
    + Paulbot
    + Sofaman

Tiger Convoy's still an active collector/fan, but he's not an OTCA member since he's moved back to his native Japan -- although he has helped out w/ OTCA and still occasionally interacts with members here off the board.

hi all, I am posting this question in the "Questions" thread and the "Price Check" thread.

Since I broke the news that I have acquired a Diaclone "Marlboor" version Wheeljack, I have received a deluge of requests from all over the world asking me to sell this piece.

I received an average of 5 requests per day from people I have never ever spoken to on boards and emails, which I consider a lot because I don't even get a blip of such interest when I post stuff I think is rare like C-350: Rabbicrater, God Primus, etc. Even Minelba only gets the occasional mention or request to sell.

I thought, what in the world? What's with this piece? Is it really that rare and desirable?

With that in mind, I have 2 questions:

1. What is your view on its rarity compared to other rare G1 TFs (eg: Artfire, dino-casettes) and compared to other rare diaclone pieces (eg: blue Bluestreak, white Sunstreaker, red/black Tracks, blue Swoop)?

2. What do you think is a reasonable price?

Photo of the piece:

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    2. What do you think is a reasonable price?
    As I said on your Blog dude; all 7 *4 Japanese Dino Casettes! - If someone wants it bad enough, they'll pay that price.
    (Curious that you've received such interest though, I wouldn't of thought that he'd be in such high demand but there you go )
    Last edited by Hursticon; 28th May 2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Rectifying Noobishness

@HD - I didn't even know such an item existed until I Googled it after you posted your acquisition.

Are you thinking about selling it?

Being something that's so rare and obscure (and the hardcore collector that you are), I don't think you should sell it, but if so, why not start at $10k and work your way down from there?

Quite honestly though, if they're as rare as the proverbial hen's teeth, I don't think you can put a price on it, it's literally "price-less".

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    As I said on your Blog dude; all 7 Japanese Dino Casettes! - If someone wants it bad enough, they'll pay that price.
    (Curious that you've received such interest though, I wouldn't of thought that he'd be in such high demand but there you go )
    Do what he said

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

@ HD:

I don't know much about this piece... but is it because of the condition? I'd assume such obscure pre-tf pieces are not normally available in such minty condition.

Are you serious about selling it or just tempted by the potential value?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    As I said on your Blog dude; all 7 Japanese Dino Casettes!
    Is that a typo, Hursti? Even if I count Overkill and Slugfest I can only think of six.

HD: I have no idea what the going rate is but in all my time trawling the interwebs and auction sites I have never seen one for sale let alone one in the condition that yours is in.