Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron

Looks awesome. Hope he isn’t as gappy as Dinobot but they nail the paintjob like the rest of the BW MPs.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just need an mp galvatron and an titan class scorponok and I'll have all my holy grails.

Yessssssssssssssss

Truly awesome. So the first two BW MPs did sell.

I'll continue buying these MPs no matter how ridiculous people think the price is, and hopefully enough people do the same and we'll see an MP Blackarachnia at some point. To me, Takara is selling engineering here, not plastic and screws by the kilo.

The first two Beast Wars MP's were home runs for me, and until Inferno the Autobot cars were getting a bit stagnant, so It makes my day to see Megatron in MP version.

I'd love to see them do the rest of the Beast Wars year one cast really.

I imagine the price will be prohibitive, but they only release one Beast Wars MP a year (guessing Megs is 2019) and there's only a much more limited cast to choose from, so It actually bugs me less than the Autobot Cars going up so much.

I really want to see him painted. He already looks great, but I'm sure he will look even better painted up.

This is such a great shot!:

So clear and so much detail, you can even see part of his left hand.

He looks like he's around MP-10/MP-36 in height given Dinobot is around the same size as MP Grimlock

Yeah, based on photos I'm guesstimating MP Dinobot to be about 23~24cm and MP BW Megs to be around 25cm (MP10 size).

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    To me, Takara is selling engineering here, not plastic and screws by the kilo.
    This will hopefully be reflected in the price. I'm hoping that the real reason Dinobot is so expensive, is because of how insanely engineered he had to be to be animation accurate - entirely because of how complex the animation model, including the transformation was.

Conversely, while there were some minor cosmetic differences with the animation model, the transformation itself didn't stray too far from that of the original toy.

As such, with a bit of luck, this guy will come in costing less than Dinobot did.