Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Funniest Transformer name.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It's short for picKUP truck. You know that.
    You know, I never made that connection lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    It's short for picKUP truck. You know that.
    Not in 1986 I didn't! I'm not sure when I became aware of that, but I don't think it's immediately obvious (as evidenced by Lord_Zed's and 1AZRAEL1's comments).

Other amusing names:
    + Nexus Maximus <---while the name itself isn't inherently funny, the circumstances surrounding it is hilarious.
    + Dark Scream's original Japanese name is Gildo. Gee, what could that rhyme with?! I noticed that TFwiki conveniently spells it "Guildo" - but anyone who can read Japanese can see that it's pronounced as "gildo." Only one letter away from being oh-so norti.
    + Gusshar's Anglophone RiD name is Slapper -- and we all know what that can mean.
    + Night Slash Cheetor. It's Cheetor evacuating his bladder after dark!! (^O^)
    + RiD Prowl's voice actor's name is Wankus -- which _is_ actually an amalgam of the words "wanker" and "doofus"... the RiD ending credits actually list him as "Wankus", and not his real name! And if you think he's the first adult film entertainer to become a TF voice actor, think again.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not in 1986 I didn't! I'm not sure when I became aware of that, but I don't think it's immediately obvious (as evidenced by Lord_Zed's and 1AZRAEL1's comments).
    It was in the aforementioned Universe #4, which came out in newsagents here in the same month as TF: The Movie. But you're right, it's not obvious at all, particularly since it was my first exposure to the phrase 'pickup truck' and I didn't actually realise what one actually was until years later. I thought he was like a garbage truck that picked things up from the side of the road.

In Australia, he should have been called LIT. (short for utiLITy. Ute would be too obvious. )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    + RiD Prowl's voice actor's name is Wankus -- which _is_ actually an amalgam of the words "wanker" and "doofus"... the RiD ending credits actually list him as "Wankus", and not his real name! And if you think he's the first adult film entertainer to become a TF voice actor, think again.
    Bahaha that has to be the funniest, I actually burst out laughing at that one.

Not a Transformer, but I saw this one today and thought it amusing - Gobots 'Dumper'.

Erector

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Blacker from the Transformer Victory Series!
    Isn't there also Browner?

At least there wasn't another robot named Pants who combined with Browner to form Brownerpants.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    Isn't there also Browner?
    Browning. So called because he transforms into a Browning F1910 pistol.

slag and erector

all i can think of