Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kup's MOTU Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Sweet collection update Kup!
    The Classics figures look awesome, as do the 200x figures - Especially the Snakemen!
    Thanks! I was very lucky with the Snakemen as several of the stactions are from the November Parra fair and Sharky's help!

I still have an unopened MOTUC Hordak and Teela as wella s Vikor.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Loving your display! So many beautiful figures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Loving your display! So many beautiful figures!!
    Thanks! I appreciate this coming from you who has a really awesome collection

Here are my newest addition...

King Hsss

In my canon, this is what a 'younger' King Hisss looked like during the Grayskull era before he was defeated and vanished from Eternia by King Grayskull and He-Ro.

At first, I was a little disappointed by King Hsss when I opened him as I encountered several articulation flaws such as restricted thigh movement and shoulder obstruction caused by his infamous reversed shoulders. Thankfully I was able to correct the reversed shoulders and this allowed the figure to be much more playable and aesthetically pleasing which considerably improved my opinion of the figure. I now like him very much and looks very elegant in standing poses despite the restricted leg movement.

Congrats on Hsss Kup!
    I also like the idea behind your cannon for him as it makes quite a bit of sense and looking at the face sculpt, he does come across as somewhat younger than what one might expect.

I opened Teela today and added her to my MOTUC collection:

Since Teela comes with an extra 'vintage toy' head which can be displayed with the Cobra armor or as an Amazon type warrior helmet; I decided to experiment with the extra bodies I had from that Chinese seller I bought faulty toys from.

G2 MOTU - with Evil-Lyn's body

As you can see, it's pretty garish hence the 'G2' reference.

However I also decided to use more of the spare armor and weapons I had:

Amazon Chick

Not bad but she looks a little bland and looks like a completely made up fan character.

However with the right parts I was also able to make....

No break The Goddess

Not bad and I can count on this one not breaking apart despite the body being very loose with several defects (since it's from the dodgy seller) but thankfully the Cobra armor covers most of them but she cannot stand stably without the grayskull stand.

Here she is displayed in my collection:

I like her better than the green Goddess release and in my canon, she represents Grayskull's wife, the Sorceress during that era. She wields the sword of protection since it is her who forged it and imbued a portion of her's and Grayskull's power within by using a piece of the orb.

I also added Adora to my collection:

The Great Rebellion now has 2 people in it

She-Ra doesn't count as her and Adora are the same
    Last edited by kup; 3rd June 2011 at 11:10 PM.

I think she works rather well as the Goddess dude and fits in quite well with Grayskull and crew, I also love the 'Hostage Situation' display you've got going on with the other MOTUC figure's main casts - Great shots dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I think she works rather well as the Goddess dude and fits in quite well with Grayskull and crew, I also love the 'Hostage Situation' display you've got going on with the other MOTUC figure's main casts - Great shots dude!
    Thanks Hursti!

I came up with the hostage situation when I realized I was running out of room in the display shelf and I would be forced to mix bad guys and good guys together.

Updated Horde!

Updated POP: