Page 97 of 195 FirstFirst ... 77879293949596979899100101102107117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Just registered an account with Mandarake because they do ship globally. Went to order a toy but far out... their shipping rates are expenseeve! Anyway... just asked a mate in Japan to order the toy to me. He'll just ship it normally at about half of Mandarake's cheapest global shipping price. It's good that Mandarake's web site is also accessible in English (I had to access that to register an account with a non Japanese address -- I normally view their site in Japanese but when I initially went to register it only has pull down menus for Japanese residential addresses) and it's great that they ship internationally. And their prices can be much cheaper than what you'd find for toys on the secondary market outside of Japan, but boy do they gouge you on shipping. :/

Default TR Voyagers and Leaders

does anyone else feel that the current TR Voyagers and Leader figures seem to be a backward step in terms of engineering and articulation? I have Octone, Blitzwing and Sixshot and none of them have wrist articulation or ankle tilt. There also seem to be some tolerance issues with transformations not clicking into place nicely, and some parts not even clicking into place at all.

I'm really happy. Got my shipping confirmation from RK for the HK reissue of MP36 Megatron.

#RKdelivers

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydarth View Post
    does anyone else feel that the current TR Voyagers and Leader figures seem to be a backward step in terms of engineering and articulation? I have Octone, Blitzwing and Sixshot and none of them have wrist articulation or ankle tilt. There also seem to be some tolerance issues with transformations not clicking into place nicely, and some parts not even clicking into place at all.
    I have Sixshot and Megatron (same mold as Blitzwing obviously).

Sixshot is a mess. Given the price, it's probably one of my most regretted Transformers purchases in a while.

I actually really like the Blitz mold as Megatron though. I can see how the lack of ankle and wrist articulation would be more hurtful as Blitz, given that he has a sword and Megs doesn't. I don't own any other TR Voyager figures but the other molds have not impressed me at all.

I've spent a fair bit of time recently messing around with figures from about 2007 - 2011 recently (Transformers 2007 + sublines, ROTF + sublines, Prime First Edition, Animated). The drop in quality is depressing. Look at the complexity of engineering and sculpt that went into the average figure from any of those lines - TF07 Dropkick or HFTD Terradive for example.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

agree completely. The engineering and articulation from a few years ago was much better. I remember being impressed with the Transformers Prime line as well as the generations line from that era. eg. Generations Deluxe Perceptor and TFP cliffjumper. I also regret getting TR sixshot - $72 bucks for what feels like an upsized legends figure!

A phrase popped into my head the other day at work, and it sounded very familiar but I couldn't figure it out until later in the day, which made me laugh when it became obvious...

"Ownage, total Ownage."

It's weird how such random things like that just pop into your head, and it takes a while to remember what it is from.

Also interesting how that expression has become dated. If a new version of the Headmaster were to appear in Robots In Disguise (or whatever the next series is) I'd expect him to be saying something like, "Get rekt!"

Does anyone not like G1 Jazz? Is he the most universally liked TF character there is? I can't recall anyone, ever expressing dislike for the coolest of cool cats.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Does anyone not like G1 Jazz? Is he the most universally liked TF character there is? I can't recall anyone, ever expressing dislike for the coolest of cool cats.
    Only people who don't like awesome don't like G1 Jazz.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Now that we know Jazz is a Trump supporter I'm not sure I like him much anymore.