Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Galvatron - some ideas from OTCA

Default MP Galvatron - some ideas from OTCA

Hi guys,

I have come across the designers that is involved in the recent TF project. We got talking and an idea of doing a fully toon like transformable Galvatron in MP size came up.

The stocks will be limited edition, but what would someone pay for a fully once off production run figure limited to 50 stocks ever.

The figure will have gimmicks, lights, sound, full articulation maybe even Galvatron's voice.

Please put your suggestion down for the sentence you want to hear on this figure and what you are prepared to pay for something like this as well as what gimmicks you would like.

This is not a preorder, but if you are interested, please put your name and quantity down but keep in mind, the run will only ever be 50 worldwide. Once 50 is reached, thats it.

Thanks

This will be the start basis of the design but will change slightly to accommodate mechanics. But you can expect the level of detail as below.

Last edited by kelvinchang99; 20th November 2009 at 11:31 AM.

I would def want one, and pay probably 400 for it.

I reckon a sentence from the movie, let me think about what one, there are quite a few.

Possibly the quote when he choking Hot Rod in Unicron, something about "Its a pity you autobots die so easily" (cant remember the rest of the quote atm)

I'd be interested but could you give us a rough idea of what price point you'd be looking at

We're still working that out at the moment.. but the price point isnt going to be out of reach for a limited edition, though as you can see the volume is not huge.

What I can say is that the more orders we get, and up to 50, then the price comes down.

Sorry.. thats the best I can do.. based on what people are prepared to pay, we can then know whether this is a goer or not and start to negotiate with production houses.
    But thought I would open this for all OTCA to also have input on the overall design and gimmicks. The more the gimmicks, the more expensive but this one is for die-hard fans like us.

But I have to be clear, once the 50 is gone, there wont be anymore until Tak decides to announce theirs somewhere in the distant future if any..

Lets call this an expression of interest.

But rest assured, it wont as high as some of the F&R customs you see on eBay and at this stage, it is kept in AUD.

Prolly around $300, but, Im hoping he's got more Die-cast parts than Screamer, Megs or the rest of the MPs after Prime. After prime all the MPs are mostly plastic which is kinda dissapointing for their price points. Also for gimmicks/ accessories, of course there's the "bling" Matrix.... hmmm what else, perhaps the tank threads realy work? More poseable and a steadier stance even with his lasr cannon in place. Megsy just tips over. erm from that pic - mebbe a more thicker forearms, he looks froggy like with them puny forearms. Oh and better quality plastic not so too brittle and not stress crack prone. Ill take just one, as there's only going to be about 50 , best to get only one so more people can enjoy it.

For one of the voice in lines - mebbe a maniacal laugh?
    Last edited by liegeprime; 20th November 2009 at 12:25 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'm down for one, anywhere up to $500-$600. It's conditional on images though the above images are extremely promising and I'd pay for that.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Sure. Understand on the conditional images. But from what I have seen these guys do, they dont compromise on quality or dissappoint. Regarding die-cast, maybe depending on the production cost.

Just to confirm, this is only an EOI, so there are no commitment till you guys see the final product in mold.

But its great that OTCA gets a say in the design and for us to understand what fans are prepared to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinchang99 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have come across the designers that is involved in the recent TF project.
    Um… what do you mean involved in the recent TF project?
    Do you mean they are normal customisers putting together ideas for a new project or do you mean they actually work for HasTakTom's recent TFs??
    im assuming the former.

the detail of the hand drawing is really good and would be really great to see that level of quality in a custom built TF…
    but do you have any pics of their previous custom built TFs so we can use as reference for their actual work quality?

Im willing to pay between 300 to 700AUD (posted) but it really depends on the build quality and final paint job…

Die-cast parts for added weight would be a great addition…

I would like to hear Leonard Nimoy say any of these lines:
    “…Die autobot…”
    “…I, Galvatron, will crush you just as Megatron crushed Prime…”
    “…I'll rip open Ultra Magnus, and every other Autobot, until the Matrix has been destroyed!..”
    “…Sweeps, terminate him..”

For those interested in finding out what they have done in the past, please PM me as I cannot put this onto the public forum as its not official.

Thanks, Bruticus, see your PM.

I would be interested