Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Australia up and running

overall, I'm very unimperssed and I think all the freak out that people have had about Australian businesses losing out was unfounded based on looking at the site today.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    overall, I'm very unimperssed and I think all the freak out that people have had about Australian businesses losing out was unfounded based on looking at the site today.
    Its still early on, its the free shipping and finding things that are actually priced decently that matter.

I'll be giving them a chance, just need to find those sweet nuggets, once the pressure goes on everyone else follows suit

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Its still early on, its the free shipping and finding things that are actually priced decently that matter.

I'll be giving them a chance, just need to find those sweet nuggets, once the pressure goes on everyone else follows suit
    True, I'll wait and see. I did read a (clearly paid) piece on news.com.au saying ow the "Haters are wrong" about Amazon AU. It claimed you could get a Fitbit Flex 2 for $66 (you can't) among other crap.

When I lived in China, I found Amazon.cn quite good at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashie View Post
    True, I'll wait and see. I did read a (clearly paid) piece on news.com.au saying ow the "Haters are wrong" about Amazon AU. It claimed you could get a Fitbit Flex 2 for $66 (you can't) among other crap.

When I lived in China, I found Amazon.cn quite good at times.
    so it's OK, that this amazon launch is as much a fizzer as all the other 'massive' Australian based online shopping sites that are 'going to change the way we shop'. clickfrenzy comes to mind.

I'm assuming their servers didn't crash, and I suppose I'm not looking at amazon for toilet paper, but I would have thought I'd find something of interest in the 5 minutes I looked. Ill give it another go in a few months. but my expectations are low.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The delayed launch probably didn't help... but even that (black friday launch) wasn't hyped up or advertised.
    To make a splash they should have been having teaser advertisements since the middle of the year and a viral social media campaign in November... and then secure introductory discounts from suppliers to offer a couple hundred items for dirt cheap prices scattered around the different departments with a likit of one per customer... to give them an awesome first experience that will keep them coming back, and rave about it to others (indirect, free marketing).
    Maybe Amazon thinks people should know who/what they are and when they are opening... but most people probably don't even know Amazon are open here now.

Yeah like Griff said, almost all the Transformers listed are 3rd party sellers. 3rd party sellers set their own prices like sellers on ebay do. I'm guessing we will see what Amazon's actual pricing is like when POTP hits.

On a side note, Amazon's Amazonbasics cables are listed and in line with US pricing + tax so hopefully more people will say FU to Harvey Norman and their $100 a meter HDMI cables. Also Amazon's prices on Xbox One and PS4 games are pretty good, this year's FIFA is only $39 and that's not a sale price.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Seems like we can still make purchases via amazon.com despite the au store opening up, infact I picked up this steal, as I post, 13 hours until its invalid, TR overlord for 34.83USD

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...rmers+overlord

After shipping using a pickup point its about $68, not bad I say, guess I'm having 2 overlords heh

Seems like we can still make purchases via amazon.com despite the au store opening up, infact I picked up this steal, as I post, 13 hours until its invalid, TR overlord for 34.83USD

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...rmers+overlord

After shipping using a pickup point its about $68, not bad I say, guess I'm having 2 overlords heh
    Thanks, just bought one. I really liked Sky Shadow, so happy to pick this one up.

The website has some older items (T30, CW, AoE and TF2014) available for preorder. Does this mean they'll be getting them in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddlesPrime View Post
    The website has some older items (T30, CW, AoE and TF2014) available for preorder. Does this mean they'll be getting them in stock?
    They are indeed by Amazon AU... and it looks like there is a few hundred different Transformers products that are on their way to Amazon.
    Maybe Hasbro Australia cleared out their old/unwanted stock to Amazon (in addition to sending them every current item on-hand), to help Amazon have a bigger "back catalogue" of toy products, so that it doesn't look as pathetic.

Prices are about what you'd expect for a "retailer", but it's good for people in regional areas, or those not near a store that is getting all of a certain item (like Rescue Bots being mostly at Kmart, or certain waves only showing up at one retailer)... as you would now have a back-up option (if you can't get it for less from overseas).

A shame that they don't have a sorting option like on Amazon US and Amazon JP, which can show you the most recently added items... so that you can easily tell what is new since you last visited.