Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New DBZ CCG- Panini

I wonder if I should dig out all my old DBZ/GT cards, I have a ton of them including a few ubers (can't remember which exactly but a few attack cards and a Goku or 2).
    I don't know if I'd bother getting back into it, it was fun playing in tourneys back in the day (we did have them in Sydney Trunks, you should have come to the game store in Burwood), but after a dodgey ruling by a corrupt judge got me kicked out of top 8 for one of the nationals my passion for the game slowly but surely died.

Just bought a couple of starter boxes for myself and my son at the recent Pax in Melbourne and think we will probably get into the game more. Need to get a lot more cards of course as neither of us can build a life deck of the same style yet. I'm liking Piccolo so far so would be going for Namekian style.

Newest set (with new starter decks) drops sometime in he next few weeks.

I've already pre-ordered mine, but even buying boxes in bulk does not save a lot of money compared to buying singles from store like game traders and the like.

Just like the old Dragonball Z game, I don't really have anyone to play against and I definitely don't have the time to go play tournaments anywhere when they do have them but I've been liking namekian too, it was my favourite in old Z as well. Ginyu just seems to strong, but I Think the androids will become the new favourites just from seeing some previews, android 17 looks like he will be a lot of fun.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yeah I just bought the Heroes and Villains booster box - 24 packs x 12 cards in each. But yeah I get the feeling you need a lot of luck to get the cards you need even when buying in bulk. Obviously trading and buying individual cards to build a deck might be more sensible Oh well haha.

I bought them from tak-games.com.au. They are a dedicated DBZ TCG company down here in Australia. I saw them at PAX Aus on the weekend.

I like the sound of the Androids you mentioned. I am heading to an event in Melbourne on Saturday nearby that will be promoting the new decks. So no doubt I might get some more cards then.

I am going to try and get to some of the local meet ups over the next few weeks. Something I haven't done previously but I'm kinda keen as I'm a huge DBZ fan. I've bought tons of the figures from Japan, got a few in Singapore and a few off BBTS as well.

I have the booster box ordered from Tak games, but found animeexchange (based in QLD and operated by a long time inactive member from otca) cheaper for a box of starters (box of 10, which means you are guaranteed doubles, but oh well!)

Can't wait to get them as the movie collection, while good felt like an offshoot/subset than a true expansion after heroes and villains.

Yeah Anime Exchange looks pretty good too. Think I might plan out what I want my Piccolo deck to look like and buy the required singles for that. No doubt will try and build up some other decks to see how I like them as well. I really like how the card game taps into the DBZ story.

Attended a pre-launch event on Saturday and got 2 x starter decks for myself and my son. We both got Trunks and Saiyan decks. Trunks is pretty cool in Evolution can gain a lot of anger quickly and anger requirement is lowered to from 5 down to 4.

Androids and new Piccolo look good too. Some interesting changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Linja View Post
    Attended a pre-launch event on Saturday and got 2 x starter decks for myself and my son. We both got Trunks and Saiyan decks. Trunks is pretty cool in Evolution can gain a lot of anger quickly and anger requirement is lowered to from 5 down to 4.

Androids and new Piccolo look good too. Some interesting changes.
    Not sure they'll keep the sideways cards, and I very much miss the beautiful backing pattern they used in the original Androids through to Cell Games cards, wish panini would bring that kind of style back to the cards.

Hoping that I get mine in the next week or so, nothing better than slowly opening booster packs and filling out your folders bit by bit!

On the topic of folders what do you have to store your cards in?
    I just bought some Ultra Pro binders and 3 ring binder folder.

I like the look of those Four Deck ones with 4 cards wide. Would work well with the 4 card personalities.

I just ordered my Evolution Booster box. Really will need to see how I can fill out the missing cards I need once I get that haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Linja View Post
    On the topic of folders what do you have to store your cards in?
    I just bought some Ultra Pro binders and 3 ring binder folder.

I like the look of those Four Deck ones with 4 cards wide. Would work well with the 4 card personalities.

I just ordered my Evolution Booster box. Really will need to see how I can fill out the missing cards I need once I get that haha.
    Same system as you, ultra pro card sleeves and normal 3 ring binders. I think I'm up to folder 8 or 9, evolution will be the second folder for the panini version. I think I'd have 12 or more if I had collected GT or the reboot tcg. Not to mention the boxes of doubles I have in storage for no reason what so ever.