Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TF5 Motion Posters; First look at Cogman

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Woah, you're getting really bummed over one name. It's not like Transformers has been perfect up to now.
    But it doth rubbeth salt into thine wounds.

Woah, you're getting really bummed over one name. It's not like Transformers has been perfect up to now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But it doth rubbeth salt into thine wounds.
    This

You were reading the wrong sentiment Fruit. I mean obviously we've seen some absolute foot-in-mouth, frustration provoking things over the years,but this time around, Paramount made such a big deal about their writers' round table and studying the lore and then suddenly.....Cogman...... It's sort of an eye-roll-here-we-go-again kind of moment.

Lets see... Reedman, Wheelbot (Demolishor), Skipjack (red rampage), Que (a rip-off of the James Bond character), Brains, Igor (a rip-off of the old horror story character), The Doctor (very obvious), Driller (very obvious), Dino (named after a friend)... Cogman is not exactly out of place in a Bay Movie, particularly when it is a new character that isn't based on a pre-existing character provided by Hasbro.

Neither are objectifying shots of girls, sexual innuendo and toilet humour, but seeing them happening again doesn't make it any better.

"Man, BB-8 is kinda annoying."
    "Jar Jar Binks was worse."
    "Not helping!"

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Neither are objectifying shots of girls, sexual innuendo and toilet humour, but seeing them happening again doesn't make it any better.

"Man, BB-8 is kinda annoying."
    "Jar Jar Binks was worse."
    "Not helping!"

What the hell does that have to do with the news story of this thread? Which for anyone who has forgotten is:

Quote Originally Posted by '07Camaro View Post
    Entertainment Weekly had recently revealed 8 motion posters for TF5. One of which shows Cogman for the first time, who seems to be Anthony Hopkins' sidekick. Other motion posters showcase Optimus, Bumblebee, Hound, Hot Rod, Megatron, Barricade and Sqweeks.

You can view all of the motion posters on their website (source): http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/22/tran...alflow_twitter

Exactly - it's one name. Who knows the history of it - it could be that he was discovered by humans in the 1800's and he couldn't speak English so the humans that found him gave him a name that seemed appropriate - Cogman - a man made of cogs and metal. But lets all have a whinge about it before we know the context eh. Personally I find Transformers misnamed or classic named used willy nilly to be far more annoying. And as Griffin pointed out, there have been other names used that have been just as bad or worse depending on your viewpoint.

Go for ya lives talking about if you don't like the name, I've no business trying to stop you (though I can make counterpoints) but can we please not turn every damn movie thread into a "Bay ruined my childhood and I'm going to bring up every issue I've had with the last four movies" rehash AGAIN. I think Griffin made a thread for people to specifically have their bitchfests in. Stuff like sexual content in the movies has nothing to do with this news story.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 26th March 2017 at 10:25 AM.

Far out I think everyone's reading way to much into this. All I did was express my opinion about the name, (which lets be honest, does sound a little ill-conceived before you start trying to make up reasons to justify it) I even went on to say it'd probably be fine in context. Why can't I be a little bummed that they don't appear to be taking the lore as seriously as they lead us to believe this time around? Isn't that something that everyone desires?
    And then out of nowhere people are acting like I've flipped out about it and we jump to bitchfests and "Bay ruined my childhood"?

Spoiler? New information anyway. Cogman is voiced by Mr Carson from Downton Abbey source which I think is pretty cool casting.

With Cogman apparently being a headmaster, I'm wondering if this means his head comes off and is a smaller bot, or does he transform into the head of a larger bot?

Re the name Cogman, TFs have a long history of creating new names for characters. And plenty of TF names are corny, too, so that's not new.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Some leaked renders of the new character of Hotrod.

(every time I see this character, especially the head, for some reason I think of Rattrap...)