Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: HobbyLink Japan (HLJ) (Japan) new items

I've missed out when the orders go up, and almost into insta Order Stop. However keep checking back as I managed to pre order some Movie Best stuff last week

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I seriously do not comprehend the whole concept of a pre order being SOLD OUT. And to me is a missed out opportunity on both the retailer and the manufacturer. Some of this creates artificial hype that the item is HOT or limited when actually it isn't.

My main complaint about HLJ is there isn't a dedicated page listing new products, unlike other retailers.

HLJ has a sale NOW if anyone wanted something. Even that eHobby Ratbat is available. lol

MP-10 Black, LG-Trypticon, and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I also find that HLJ is not a reliable source anymore if you don't pre-order within a day or two of their listings.
    They used to have pre-orders open until their release, or they would pre-order more stock from TakaraTomy and re-open pre-orders... which is really stupid that they don't anymore, as they miss out on so much money now.

And it doesn't seem to matter what it is either, as the POTP toys and Movie toys that are identical to the Hasbro versions, are also selling out within a day or two of being listed. Every time I scroll through their Transformers listings, I rarely see anything that is still available for pre-order. It's just wall-to-wall "Order Stop" on their Transformers pre-orders.
    I've had to resort to pre-ordering from other Asian sources a number of times now in the last year, that I would have otherwise bought at HLJ, which prevents me from being able to combine shipping from the one source to save money.
    The issue is that HLJ has risen in popularity quite extensively over the last few years. Whenever I am brave enough to check out the US fansites and the threads about Tak/Tom figures, invariably nearly everyone there has ordered their figures through HLJ. The issue is that HLJ have not increased the amount of stock they initially order to cope with the fact they have become the go-to site for Japanese Transformer toys for people like Americans and Australians.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I seriously do not comprehend the whole concept of a pre order being SOLD OUT.
    It goes as follows:

*HLJ puts in an order with Tak/Tom for 'X' amount of a figure that is to be released at a later date.

*HLJ puts that figure up for pre-order.

*When HLJ has gotten an amount of pre-orders that equals 'X' (the amount of figures they themselves have ordered), then they put a STOP on any more pre-orders, so as that they are not taking orders they cannot fulfill.

It's a shame a lot of the Aussie online TF toy companies have not followed that prudent course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    My main complaint about HLJ is there isn't a dedicated page listing new products, unlike other retailers.
    There is - you click on the 'New Additions' box - you can set it for either the last 7 or 30 days and can have it either do the entire site or whatever search word you put in, like 'Transformers'
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 28th March 2018 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    It goes as follows:

*HLJ puts in an order with Tak/Tom for 'X' amount of a figure that is to be released at a later date.

*HLJ puts that figure up for pre-order.

*When HLJ has gotten an amount of pre-orders that equals 'X' (the amount of figures they themselves have ordered), then they put a STOP on any more pre-orders, so as that they are not taking orders they cannot fulfill.

It's a shame a lot of the Aussie online TF toy companies have not followed that prudent course of action.
    Bravo Trev. I wish more people recognised this.

The only time I've ever know HLJ not to be able to fulfill their preorders was Encore Fort Max when Takara short supplied many retailers because of QC issues.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    I've missed out when the orders go up, and almost into insta Order Stop. However keep checking back as I managed to pre order some Movie Best stuff last week
    What I find is hlj puts up orders a little slower than other retailers, amiami has their open right on the dot for stuff like bandai's hi metal r line (they often list the pre-order open time in jst), but hlj can have up to a 30min delay, anyone who misses the window from amiami and others will flood hlj.

So if its a heavily desired item (like bandai's hi metal r, specifically the macross ones) you almost get an instant order stop within 10mins or earlier, which annoys me as I prefer hlj's private warehouse but if I miss the pre-order I have to hope they increase the allocation (common with tf's) or someone changes their mind (I end up bookmarking any missed bandai action figures and refresh daily, used to be a website that would send emails when pre-order listings open up but they shut down early this year, figinstock, no replacements )

;584501]T
    There is - you click on the 'New Additions' box - you can set it for either the last 7 or 30 days and can have it either do the entire site or whatever search word you put in, like 'Transformers'[/QUOTE]

Ah okay I do wish it had a dedicated page.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    What I find is hlj puts up orders a little slower than other retailers, amiami has their open right on the dot for stuff like bandai's hi metal r line (they often list the pre-order open time in jst), but hlj can have up to a 30min delay, anyone who misses the window from amiami and others will flood hlj.

So if its a heavily desired item (like bandai's hi metal r, specifically the macross ones) you almost get an instant order stop within 10mins or earlier, which annoys me as I prefer hlj's private warehouse but if I miss the pre-order I have to hope they increase the allocation (common with tf's) or someone changes their mind (I end up bookmarking any missed bandai action figures and refresh daily, used to be a website that would send emails when pre-order listings open up but they shut down early this year, figinstock, no replacements )

I have zero issues getting hi metal. It's the dx chogokin macross and metal build gundam gets order stop within seconds.

Encore god fire convoy just dropped, and for the first time in about a year I have nothing on pre order with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Encore god fire convoy just dropped, and for the first time in about a year I have nothing on pre order with them.
    Only things I have on preorder now with HLJ are MPM Barricade, MP Dinobot and some POTP toys just in case I miss getting them locally, but I likely will find them locally and cancel them. Frankly without the Legends line I'm going to be ordering a lot less from HLJ.