Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversay Edition

I watched the blu ray today with my son and that didn't look any better than the copy I own

hmm im starting to get less interested in this. i dont think it will be any better than the existing blu ray which i have, and it doesnt look like there are many if any new special features.

I really dug the new transfer. Definitely a step up on a lot of the previous ones, particularly in terms of colour correction.

The new doco is pretty decent and the restoration featurette is worth watching to get an idea of how they did it.

Is it a massive step up from the previous AU BD? No, but it is a step up. Would be nice if the extras were more comprehensive or at least covered the alternate cut of the film. I'd have loved the tv edits (individual episodes) as well, even in SD.

Did anyone who got this already have the previous blu-ray? Is there much difference? Is it improved enough over the existing blu-ray to double dip?

Haven't watched the two side by side, or even in close proximity to each other but the one thing I know for a fact is that Hot Rod's colour is a lot more like I picture movie Hot Rod (pretty much Magenta).

I realise this isn't a great selling point, I've looked for comparisons myself up until the point it was a few dollars on Amazon and just decided to chance it. I feel like it is better, but maybe that's placebo + Hot Rod.