Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1424293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast

Thread: The Little Toy Company feedback

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Whether you want to keep waiting for TLTC to deliver after that or cancel your preorder is up to you, but given that my pre-order was just spontaneously cancelled on me without request, I wouldn't solely rely on them.
    I have a feeling that your cancellation without request is based on your constant online criticism on their lack of delivery and exceeding their product ETAs, Gok.
    It's good for potential consumers to be aware though.

Well I've given up on TLTC at this point. They have not replied to me in about a week. I've been trying to sort everything out with them, but when they won't reply it's rather difficult.

I've filed a dispute for all my outstanding orders since they are not willing to work this out.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    $37 LG61 Decepticon Clones

I was always waiting for my Clonetrons from TLTC until they - without warning - cancelled my pre-order and refunded my money. Now of course it's good that they refunded my money, and just as well that I'd already repurchased these toys from another source, but if I hadn't let's say if it weren't possible to find these toys now at a reasonable price - I'd be screwed! It's what happened with me and MP Dirge thanks to PC not delivering - I ended up paying above RRP.

Anyway, if I were you I'd grab the LG Clonetrons off Amazon. Whether you want to keep waiting for TLTC to deliver after that or cancel your preorder is up to you, but given that my pre-order was just spontaneously cancelled on me without request, I wouldn't solely rely on them.
    Thanks, I'll consider the option

The $37, does that include shipping? I can't read Japanese unfortunately.

I'll send TLTC another message asking them for another ETA. I still want to give them the benefit of the doubt because I've bought from them many times before via their eBay site, and this is the first time this has happened to me. Also, I chose the pick-up delivery option, so $41 ($20.50 per figure) with no shipping is still pretty reasonable, especially since these are boxed Japanese exclusives.

I hope TLTC delivers before Christmas. If not, I might have to go the Amazon JP option (which would be an adventure since I'm illiterate in the language ).

I've always had a good experience with TLTC. I received my PotP Predaking this week that I ordered in July. They were very good with communication, responding within a day every time. I used their online contact form to communicate.

Well I sent an email last night calmly stating that he had advised my pre-order would ship this week (after kicking the can down the road a few times) & that if it wasn’t shipped today I wanted a refund as the item is now in stock elsewhere.

I got a shipping notice at 4:54pm. Similar to Maruten, I think he shipped today only to avoid the refund.

Clearly he’s not trying to rip people off but I don’t think he’s properly set up for preorders & needs to understand that reputation is everything for a small business such as his. Using “we” in emails when (by accounts here) he’s one guy operating out of his home/garage isn’t enough to convey professionalism; setting realistic expectations and *meeting* those expectations does.

I am happy my order has shipped but I will most certainly not be pre-ordering through TLTC again.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

TLTC is at least 2 people that I am aware of by meeting them. I believe they also have had people help them out with side portions of their business on at least one occasion.

They have a small warehouse (I actually don’t know what constitutes big or small in terms of warehouse space - I can tell you it’s smaller than the one at the end of Raider if the Lost Ark ) in Moorabbin that has *way* more stock than would fit into a garage.

So they’re not huge, but not exactly a backyard operation.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    TLTC is at least 2 people that I am aware of by meeting them. I believe they also have had people help them out with side portions of their business on at least one occasion.

They have a small warehouse (I actually don’t know what constitutes big or small in terms of warehouse space - I can tell you it’s smaller than the one at the end of Raider if the Lost Ark ) in Moorabbin that has *way* more stock than would fit into a garage.

So they’re not huge, but not exactly a backyard operation.
    Fair enough. I recall someone talking about having met "him" on a few occasions. Maybe they've grown?

At any rate, my pre-order is shipped... but I have not been instilled with confidence. In stock is different, but pre-orders I'm done here.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

To be clear. I don't think TLTC are trying to rip anyone off like PC, but they seem to be in over their heads to the point if there's an issue it's easier to ignore the customer than fix the problem.

Here's my insight on what is causing the delays in shipping and communications - This is my best guess based on previous experience. I have no proof and it is pure speculation on my part. I believe TLTC wants to get all our orders to us and is not deliberately trying to rip us off, but just doesn't seem to have the staff to accommodate their growth. I have received all my orders to date bar my last which is for a few wave 3/4 POTP figs albeit the last 2 or 3 orders have taken longer to deliver, sometimes a couple of months after release.

1. The clientele has increased with the fall of PC and they were/are not equipped/staffed to deal with the extra customer sales/pre orders

2. With the increase in pre-orders due to point 1 and quite possibly some have missed their ETA. Now we are emailing them to ask where our orders are, because they are so busy they don't get to respond to everyone in a timely manner. Some of us start to email again and again adding more emails to respond to and increasing the response turn around. We saw this issue with PC

3. People may not be adding postage to all there orders which is delaying them being sent which means TLTC is waiting until they have a complete order with shipping paid before sending (this happened to me until I asked them to just ship what they had using one of my postage payments - I had 4 orders and paid postage on two). Basically if you place order 1 with 3 items and pay shipping, then place order 2 with 4 items and choose the option to combine to previous order. Lets say all of the items for order 2 come in a week or two later but only 2 items from order 1 arrive they don't ship your your stuff until order 1 is complete.

As pointed out by others communication is key and this is where they are lacking...they need to be letting us know when a preorder ETA has been delayed or when they are just waiting on your last item from order blah before we ship. Some of this could be set up as automated emails as stock comes in or website updates on outstanding pre orders etc...leaving us in the dark is not working and just creating angst, distrust and turning us else where...

Its becoming a bit of a pattern, and I think it's the demand that surprises people who essentially start out doing this as a little side gig to import toys sell them at a competitive price to pay for their own collecting and then it gets out of hand because if you have a job that pays the bills and one that pays for toys, the balance gets skewed when one won't provide for the other and you still need to do both.

Ravagecat has made some good points and with the whole TFI and PC bollocks I think Aussies have definitely become a lot less tolerant of communication being poor from the seller's end.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)