Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334354050 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    so Soundwave may not happen in Claremont in Perth next year
    Oh what? How come?

Edit: Just found it, stupid council.

Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    so Soundwave may not happen in Claremont in Perth next year
    According a report in WA Today the festival “breached the volume restrictions “excessively” and the promoters are facing prosecution as a result”. Barker claims that people from as far away as Subiaco and Mosman Park had complained about the noise from Soundwave.
    Source
    Now THAT'S metal
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I bought a few cds the other day at Utopia, still a great store for great metal.

I got:

Borknagar - Urd (phenomenal cd) a track from said cd. Never got into these guys, until now. With one of my favourite singers now onboard with the other 2 singers, makes a really awesome mix.
    Tyr - The Lay of Thrym (I already own it, but this version has 2 great covers being Sabbath's I and Rainbow's Stargazer)

I got a few other viking folk metal cd's as well, but can't be bothered to name them. Kind of funny that all the cd's are viking orientated

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I got a few other viking folk metal cd's as well, but can't be bothered to name them. Kind of funny that all the cd's are viking orientated
    Wouldn't be your Norse blood being an influence perhaps?
    Quite a good pair of covers IMO, nice acquisitions dude!

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I bought a few cds the other day at Utopia, still a great store for great metal.
    I still remember how much of a rort they were in the 90's. May not be your cup of tea but Resist records in Newtown has the goods especially if you are a fan of hardcore.

Utopia was great back in the day. Admittedly I haven't been there in ages. I remember when they were still at the bottom-end of George St (next to Hungry Jacks) and I went in there to ask about the yet-to-be-released debut Slipknot album and they had no idea who I was talking about
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I remember walking past the George St store many years ago and decided against walking in to have a look. Later I found out that Dave Mustaine was inside signing stuff the exact time I walked past doh!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Utopia was great back in the day. Admittedly I haven't been there in ages. I remember when they were still at the bottom-end of George St (next to Hungry Jacks) and I went in there to ask about the yet-to-be-released debut Slipknot album and they had no idea who I was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I remember walking past the George St store many years ago and decided against walking in to have a look. Later I found out that Dave Mustaine was inside signing stuff the exact time I walked past doh!
    All I can say is WOW!

I saw Henry Rollins at Utopia in 1996. I was flipping CD's & he started browsing next to me. Ended up chatting with him for a few minutes. Pretty awesome as I am a huge Black Flag fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Wouldn't be your Norse blood being an influence perhaps?
    Quite a good pair of covers IMO, nice acquisitions dude!
    Funny that, but we were at Hogs Breath last night, and one of the kitchen hands walked passed and saw my beard and said "Nice beard, very viking-esque

I already had the Tyr cd, but I bought it again coz this one had bonus tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I still remember how much of a rort they were in the 90's. May not be your cup of tea but Resist records in Newtown has the goods especially if you are a fan of hardcore.
    They still do have some high prices, but I am finding myself going to them more because JB Hifi doesn't stock enough of the more unique metal bands that I like. Once in a while I found something at JB, but Utopia, I always spend at least $150 there every time I go in. Going there again shortly before work today

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yea, the staff back then didn't really have a clue most of the time. I remember when they were there too, massive store, alot of instore signings. Was great. then they moved up to Broadway and still had a big store on 2 levels, and instores, which I went to a few. Now they are on Bathurst Street at Town Hall. Easier to get to than Broadway

Heh, would have been a cool thing if you did end up goin in.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I saw Henry Rollins at Utopia in 1996. I was flipping CD's & he started browsing next to me. Ended up chatting with him for a few minutes. Pretty awesome as I am a huge Black Flag fan.
    He comes out every so often. I bet he will go in there soon when he does his spoken word tour. Want to go, but little funds to spare (yet I'm goin back to buy more stuff)