View Poll Results: TFPrime DLX Vehicon V2 - worth buying?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 100.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - TFPrime DLX Vehicon V2

Default Toy Review - TFPrime DLX Vehicon V2

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to get you started)

Vehicon
    Series - TFPrime
    Sub-line - Robots in Disguise
    Size/class - Deluxe
    Wave - 3
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Should be here April 2012 (Released globally April)
    Approximate Retail Price - $24-30 (US$12)
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Sports Car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - spring-loaded element of conversion
    Main Colours - Black, dark blue
    Main Accessories - gun

This toy is awesome. Aside from the weird arms (which aren't that bad but are noticeable) he's crazy-screen accurate, the robot mode is a decent height for a modern Deluxe (vehicle mode is kinda small though), and the transformation is...well, on the one hand it's really easy, but on the other I have him right here in front of me and I still can't figure out how they got just about all the car kibble to fold into his legs while keeping them relatively streamlined.

Put it like this: he's nearly as good as FE Starscream.

Soooo ridiculously jealous Ode...You lucky son of a gun!

I hope I'm not setting my expectations too high but this looks to be the best deluxe in a very, very long time. It's not like Cyclonus who had an utterly insane robot mode and an average/good alt mode. BOTH modes here are brilliant and the robot mode is just as kibble free as Cyclonus, if not more so. I'm so impressed with what I've seen of this toy, if I can get one of these and one of the Takara ones I'll be a very happy chappy.

I'm a year late to the party, but just opened my Vehicon. It's a great 'bot: transforms really nicely, nice sleek robot and has a great colour scheme. I do wish that this was a character toy (new but I'd take a new head homage too) rather than a drone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm a year late to the party, but just opened my Vehicon. It's a great 'bot: transforms really nicely, nice sleek robot and has a great colour scheme. I do wish that this was a character toy (new but I'd take a new head homage too) rather than a drone though.
    I don't think you can ever get tired of folding up the legs.

I'm a year late to the party, but just opened my Vehicon.
    Sames, just opened mine up today, it's a really well done figure. Really impressed with the folding up in the legs.

Out of all the PRid toys, I think Vehicon and Arcee are actually improvement over their FE versons.

I like the fact that throughout the show every time a vehicon speaks it's a different voice.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

^This.

I like to think of each Vehicon as being individuals. I like how Clone Wars (and Episode III) portrayed the clones as individuals too -- having different call signs (apparently it was originally Anakin's idea) and the cartoon even had them have different hair styles and colours as a sign of the clones trying to make themselves look physically distinctive. Even in Revenge of the Sith where Temuera Morrison's face would be seen whenever a clone had his helmet off; they put different make up to show different battle scars etc. on individual clones so that they wouldn't all just look the same. And of course the Jedi were referring to the clones by their callsigns in that film too (e.g. Oddball, Cody etc.).

When I play with my Vehicons I like to give them subtle differences in their voices and personalities. That's why I like to collect all the different kinds of Vehicons to build my army instead of just collecting multiples of the same type of Vehicon -- because I want a Vehicon army made up of individually distinctive Vehicons and not just 'repetitive drones' which looks dull to me. IMO Hasbro should be churning out more variants of Vehicons rather than Bumblebee... I'd buy every single one if they did.

"YES, WE'RE ALL INDIVIDUALS!"
    "I'm not..."
    "Sshhh!"