Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys and other 1/6 scale figures!

Still umming and ahhing about pre ordering a Scar pred, I know the movies were terrible but hes one of my favorite predator designs. Also probably going to pre order this soon:

Recently got the 3A white Commando spartan from Halo reach, its an impressive figure, but the legs aren't real steady and.... yeah i'm a bit disappointed, thinking of packing it away or selling it.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Still umming and ahhing about pre ordering a Scar pred, I know the movies were terrible but hes one of my favorite predator designs. Also probably going to pre order this soon:

Recently got the 3A white Commando spartan from Halo reach, its an impressive figure, but the legs aren't real steady and.... yeah i'm a bit disappointed, thinking of packing it away or selling it.
    tell you a secret :P i may be getting a review sample of that from asmus shhhh
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Lucky =O I'd love to see a fell beast for it
    ~

Now I'm curious to see how that one will turn out.

In other news... Hot Toys have a figure of Roadblock from GI Joe: Retaliation.

Anyone here have any experience or opinions on the Sideshow Bond 1/6 figures? I'm kind of tempted to get one or two if I can find them for a good price, but I'm hesitant because of the 'plasticky' look of the head moulds (paint job, maybe?) - some photos make them look better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Hope that works out for you man, I'd love to see your thoughts about it; this is what I'm "Umming & Ahhing" about at the moment:

I'm going to hold off on preordering him until I've heard the collective judgement, wisdom & opinion of Preorder66: The Highend Toy Podcast - EP46 first though ; it's a lot of dough for a figure and as such I'd like to know whether or not it'd just be better/smarter to go for this or wait out for Hasbro's 6" Black Label figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I'm going to hold off on preordering him until I've heard the collective judgement, wisdom & opinion of Preorder66: The Highend Toy Podcast - EP46 first though ; it's a lot of dough for a figure and as such I'd like to know whether or not it'd just be better/smarter to go for this or wait out for Hasbro's 6" Black Label figures.

The black series figures look great i'm in the middle of assembling a cast of favourite movie characters in that scale, marvel diamond select, neca etc. Great news

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Hope that works out for you man, I'd love to see your thoughts about it; this is what I'm "Umming & Ahhing" about at the moment:

Dave I highly recommend you get it!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Picked up DX08 89 Joker and Hot Toys Odin
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Still contemplating the HT Scar predator. Anyone else getting it or pre ordered?? I know most people prefer the OG preds but theres something about the extra armor that seems cool.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Still contemplating the HT Scar predator. Anyone else getting it or pre ordered?? I know most people prefer the OG preds but theres something about the extra armor that seems cool.
    I'm not a big enough Predator fan to be collecting the figures, but I'm with you on the armour - it makes the Predators look bulkier/more imposing (although without it, they definitely look more exotic/alien) - plus, it makes sense in-universe, since they're hunting prey with corrosive blood!

I say go for it - sooner or later, the prices will start to climb.