Thread: Rescue Bots to be getting a DVD release

Default Rescue Bots to be getting a DVD release

Probably not too surprising with so many DVDs released for the young kids market (for parents to have their TVs "babysit" their kids for a few hours), but the Rescue Bots cartoon has been confirmed as having a release on DVD in America soon.

What is interesting is that Shout Factory (the current license-holder for Transformers cartoons in America) has acquired exclusive rights to the cartoon in America and Canada. That's interesting, because they are more of a "niche" market company, targeting more committed fans... where-as Rescue Bots doesn't really have a fan-base, so would be better off being released by the big DVD companies who do all those other random kids shows you find in Department stores.

Anyway, there isn't much yet known, other than it is happening.
    No idea on when, or if it will be volume sets, or a season set... or if there will be a release in Australia (because it is the independent company, not a global one doing this release).

I doubt there would be many here too fussed either way, but it is nice to have all Transformers cartoons released for collecting/viewing in some format... even if it is a more kiddie-focused series.

Date & other details have been released.
    It's just 5 episodes (this volume) and will be released in America on October 2nd.

The image released may be the cover, but since it doesn't have any specific details (like Volume 1, or a subtitle... or any robots), it could just be a stand-in image.

I hope it comes out here. My daughter loves playing w/ Rescue Bots and I reckon she'd love the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (for parents to have their TVs "babysit" their kids for a few hours)
    IMO television isn't quite the "demon" that some people would like to paint it out to be. I know my daughter has learnt quite a lot of concepts and language from watching TV. Depends on the choice of programming and also how much they watch. All in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

IMO television isn't quite the "demon" that some people would like to paint it out to be. I know my daughter has learnt quite a lot of concepts and language from watching TV. Depends on the choice of programming and also how much they watch. All in moderation.
    Exactly. I hate how people say that. Always guilt trips me as a parent even though I'm not like that

My kids love Rescue Bots. We have 6 episodes at the moment.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Exactly. I hate how people say that. Always guilt trips me as a parent even though I'm not like that

My kids love Rescue Bots. We have 6 episodes at the moment.
    geez give me a chance i am still trying to get more :P

Contents of the DVD are now known.

It contains six episodes, and for some reason it has the first episode as a "bonus extra"... while skipping episode 6.
    Maybe the next volume will include it.

Episodes on this set:

Ep 1 - Family of Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots work with human first responders on an island that's also a high-tech testing ground.
    Ep 2 - Under Pressure The Rescue Bots and the Burns work together when a volcano threatens the island of Griffin Rock.
    Ep 3 - Hot Shots Dani gives Blades a new scoop claw to help on the front lines, but their sudden popularity threatens the team.
    Ep 4 - Flobsters on Parade Chase, Blades and Boulder must battle a swarm of flying lobsters.
    Ep 5 - The Alien Invasion of Griffin Rock Huxley Prescott causes panic when he reports that aliens have invaded Griffin Rock.
    Ep 7 - Four Bots & a Baby The Bots are enlisted to watch after Doc Greene's Robo-Baby.

This is for an American release on October 2nd. Still no idea if it will be released here yet.