Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shia LaBeouf in trouble with the law, yet again.

Default Shia LaBeouf in trouble with the law, yet again.

For someone who only recently promised to clean up his behaviour, he's not doing a good job of it. Yesterday (Sunday 3am LA time), he crashed his car while drunk, injuring himself, his passenger and the driver of the other car. The crash occured from an alleged illegal left turn, that hit another car and cause his own car to roll.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,391755,00.html

He was originally arrested for Felony DUI (drunk under the influence), but released on a misdemeanor DUI (a lesser charge).

His past offences (drunken trespassing in a Walgreens store, Smoking and loitering in a non-smoking area) have been dismissed or dropped, but this one is more serious, and should end up being a criminal conviction on his record. Not to mention bring the new TF2 movie in disrepute in the process if this behaviour continues into next year.

I was surprised to read that he is only 22, but already has multiple publicists and attornies on hand.

One news source says that the only reason he didn't get charged as the more serious 'felony DUI' is because the injuries of the other 2 people in the accident were minor, despite him rolling his car in the accident. It looks like his left hand was injured enough to require surgery though, and if he is still has scenes to film in TF2, it could delay the movie.

Posted Jul 27th 2008 8:37AM
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/27/shia-l...opped-for-dui/

Posted Jul 27th 2008 10:03AM
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/27/shia-m...p-in-dui-bust/

Posted Jul 27th 2008 11:25AM
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/27/shia-d...felony-bullet/

Nothing positive is being said about Shia at the moment on the global fan forums, to the extent that it wouldn't be a huge loss if he wasn't in TF3.

I think it would be a loss if he wasn't in TF3, regardless of his dubious personal choices he is a charismatic actor, and an asset to the Movies. IMO.

"But officer... i wasn't driving! My car was doing the driving."

"Right...."

"It's a robot in disguise."

"Okay sir, come along with me."

"Bumblebee! C'mon Bumblebee transform!"

I don't necessarily mind if they replaced LaBeouf with another actor - it all depends on how good the actor is.

But I would fully support Paramount if they replaced LaBeouf with another actor in TF3. I think most employees would consider taking measures against an employee (e.g.: sacking) if they'd repeatedly broke the law in a manner that would:
    a) Effect their ability to work
    b) Bring the company into disrepute

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

They could just kill him off in the 2nd movie & have Danny replace him...

Sam's brother Buster comes back from College?

Very disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    Sam's brother Buster comes back from College?
    Buster was the high-schooler and Spike was the uni-student between the Witwicky brothers. (/retention) But yeah, they could do that.

Or just change the actor and keep the character. It wouldn't be the first or last time it's happened.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Awww, how cute... He's going through his Hollywood Bad Boy Stage!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I think it would be a loss if he wasn't in TF3, regardless of his dubious personal choices he is a charismatic actor, and an asset to the Movies. IMO.
    It's pretty sad when he's the most "charismatic" character in the film... I mean, I thought he was good, but not brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    "But officer... i wasn't driving! My car was doing the driving."

"Right...."

"It's a robot in disguise."

"Okay sir, come along with me."

"Bumblebee! C'mon Bumblebee transform!"
    Gold, Jerry! GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Or just change the actor and keep the character. It wouldn't be the first or last time it's happened.

Oooo... you forgot Rachel Dawes!

[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;36025]Buster was the high-schooler and Spike was the uni-student between the Witwicky brothers. (/retention) But yeah, they could do that.

Well yes of course I meant it as a reversal of what Marvel Comics did but wasn't it the other way around in Dreamwave?

I'm surprised no one's wondered if Shia has been taking some Mojo? Isn't that what the kids are doing these days? A little mojo?