Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I thought that was pretty standard for SAL. Used it once, took about a month without tracking. Never again.
    Yes. I think I've learnt my lesson.

I always use EMS from HLJ. Usually its not that much more than SAL, and it arrives much quicker and has tracking.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I always use EMS from HLJ. Usually its not that much more than SAL, and it arrives much quicker and has tracking.
    I think for parcels with higher weight it is more cheaper to ship via EMS. But don't quote me on that.

Also HLJ has relatively cheaper shipping cost compared to say AE. Does HLJ have a discount partnership with Japan postal service?

Amazon could learn a thing or two from HLJ when it comes to shipping several odd-shaped items in a big box, by plastic wrapping the lot before putting it in a box...

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Amazon could learn a thing or two from HLJ when it comes to shipping several odd-shaped items in a big box, by plastic wrapping the lot before putting it in a box...
    Amazon uses a parcel box? Reminds me of this post by Lint. Just slap on a label sticker & out she goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I'm no MISB collector but coming home to this %^& makes me cry
    Shame on you Amazon.

I actually didn't cry, but was still not very impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Amazon uses a parcel box? Reminds me of this post by Lint. Just slap on a label sticker & out she goes.
    My photo of my Predaking is a couple pages after Lints... so yes, I've had the best and worst of shipped items.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I find BBTS the best at tetrising boxes Had a huge box with a lot of odd-shapes inside (mix of Hasbro, third party stuff, and an anime fig for a buddy), and after taking everything out to inspect the contents I couldn't figure out how to get it back inside the box without the lid puffing upwards

Love it when online companies place this much time and attention to packaging.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wow I thought it was standard at least to brown wrap the box?
    That's shocking even for a non misb collector as is very hard to resell it at a decent value.

Another parcel arrived safe and sound in true HLJ style.
    Wonderfully prompt service & delivery!

Artfire and Godbomber dropped into my PW on Friday, shipped them both by EMS Express and it arrived yesterday! Normally I ship everything by SAL standard which takes 2 to 4 weeks (mostly 2 weeks) to arrive.