Page 220 of 481 FirstFirst ... 200210215216217218219220221222223224225230240 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Time to put a bag of ice on your head?
    I was referring to how aussies have warped English words
    my air-con is/was fine.
    thanks for caring

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    This didn't really faze me much. Initially I just thought you guys were being melodramatic. Then I saw the ad on TV. It just made me feel annoyed. Which clown in the fried chicken marketing department came up with that?

If their chicken wasn't so damn finger lickin' good, I'd be boycotting KFC too
    Oh no, I wont be boycotting them - I don't buy enough KFC to boycott them!

There's was just a recent addition to a spate of ads that have basically been trampling all over proper English; It's just a pet peave that extenuates from...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Arse all the way thanks

My personal pet hates are "Impactful" and the subsequent abuse that the word 'impact' has been recieving as of late and;

'Could care less.' <-- Just read that sentence and more often then not people are using it wrong! I am looking at YOU Transformers Collectors Club, who seem incredibly fond of that phrase! Learn how to use it first!!!

Gaaaah!

Advertising has a LOT to answer for. I tell ya, if I was God...

Fire and brimstone my friends, fire and Brimstone!

...This sort of thing; I absolutely can't stand it when people pronounce the word Advertisement as "Adver-Tize-Ment" instead of "Adver-Tiss-Ment", or use the word "Hoting" <- This one especially gets my goat!

It's often used to describe an exciting event with the connotation of it being 'sexy'; things don't 'hot' up they HEAT up and the major culprits of this is the 7/Prime Television network; when they advertise their own programming, they abbreviate the names like it's trendy or cool to do so!?!
    A couple of examples would be:
    • Dancing with The Stars - Becomes 'Dancing'.
    • Packed to The Rafters - Becomes 'Rafters'.
    • My Kitchen Rules - "Becomes 'Rules'

For that and a large number of other reasons, I can't stand and avoid this particular network at all costs; Not everyone who works for this company are this stupid but their advertising department needs to be shot!...

End rant.

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    If it were a personal preference, I would have been hearing it my whole life, it has only begun over the past 2 to 3 years.
    I can't say that I've heard many Aussies use the word 'Ass' in Arse's place, unless directly quoting something American, but then I don't run into teenagers very often these days which is a good thing as they annoy the crap out of me anyway <- This is how I know I'm getting older, rather depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Just found this thread.

Stupid PS3 YLOD

/rant. (My rants are short)
    Oh man, that's got to suck as you almost never hear of PS3s doing that - My condolences dude.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    She was a nutjob too, Hursty would know who she was...
    Oh yes... I remember that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabias Prime View Post
    In the words of Kup "Experience, lad. You should learn to appreciate it"
    Very true and wise words for a cartoon.

So, I've just opened up my Leader class Sentinel Prime for the first time and for the life of me, I can't find the instructions, I've looked everywhere, now I'm going to head to Hasbro's site to see if they have the instructions for this big guy.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If not, you'll find them here. I was looking for instructions on Hasbro's site the other day but their search isn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    If not, you'll find them here. I was looking for instructions on Hasbro's site the other day but their search isn't great.
    cheers, I found them

they even have an instructional video.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Starter motor on forklift is sick. More money spent
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    For a second I thought you said sick as in you meant it was awesome, like 'fully sick bro' but then I saw the emoticon. Damn that sucks dude.

Well today I was playing around with Mega Bloks mini-fig Wolverine whose claws are actually held at the hand (meaning he can't hold onto anything else unless the claws are removed). I apply a bit too much pressure and one of the puny claws goes flying into a drawer full of stuff that I had conveniently opened at the same time. Damnit.

I fixed my PS3!!!! No more YLOD and it's going like a champ!!!!

Took my 1/8 nitro rc buggy out for a run today, first time in about 4 months. And surprise surprise, I broke something. The steering servo is buggered. Wont know if I can fix it until I pull it apart. But c'mon, EVERY SINGLE TIME I take it out for a run something on it breaks!! I've had the thing for 4 years now and it has easily spent a total of 3 of those years broken, either awaiting parts or repairs. And the thing is I'm not that bad a driver! seriously, the thing averages 20 minutes between breaks on a road track like the one at Fairy Meadow, or 10 minutes on a dirt jump track. UNF@&$&/@BELIEVABLE!!!! They're not cheap to fix either.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    That sucks man, I hope it didn't cost too much mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I fixed my PS3!!!! No more YLOD and it's going like a champ!!!!

Took my 1/8 nitro rc buggy out for a run today, first time in about 4 months. And surprise surprise, I broke something. The steering servo is buggered. Wont know if I can fix it until I pull it apart. But c'mon, EVERY SINGLE TIME I take it out for a run something on it breaks!! I've had the thing for 4 years now and it has easily spent a total of 3 of those years broken, either awaiting parts or repairs. And the thing is I'm not that bad a driver! seriously, the thing averages 20 minutes between breaks on a road track like the one at Fairy Meadow, or 10 minutes on a dirt jump track. UNF@&$&/@BELIEVABLE!!!! They're not cheap to fix either.

/rant
    Good to hear man/Bad to hear man. /

Angry

Ok so I had my surgery today & it went well. Every time I pass water it is a nice stream of blood & feels like my peen is on fire & pissing razor wire but that will pass. The nurses were wonderful as they always are.

One thing I have a major beef with is the doctors refused to continue my script for Oxy so I could taper my dosage & not have to go through withdrawals & manage my pain in a adequate manner. I swear if I ever see that Dr on the street he will need one of his mates to help him because I will smash his head so hard he will be the one needing surgery.

I have been taking fairly high doses of Oxy for 2-3 months now on a daily basis. I told the Dr that I am accustomed to taking this medication & having been through withdrawals before I am not prepared to go through another withdrawal seeing how stressed my body has been with this illness. I was told flat out that since the stone has been removed I don't have pain (tell that to my willy!) & thats life. Now I have to go see my GP to get a taper script for the Oxy tomorrow. I swear if I could have removed my tubes & strangled the bastard with them I would have.

I am trying to be sensible about this & taper my use over a week or two which is what is required & even the medication warnings say as much. These Dr's get you taking meds & then wash their hands of you when you know you need to taper. I am trying to do so in a controlled & responsable manner which is what the doctors & all logic suggest.

Tonight I am suffering a great deal & cannot drive to the hospital to get treatment. It will be a case of suck it up princess until tomorrow but I am extremely angry about how I have been treated by the surgeon & the disregard for my safety & comfort. What happens if I drive to the hospital at 2am & have an accident because I have no other way to get there all because they refused to provide any pain medication post surgery?