Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TW-T01: 3rd Party G1 Throttlebot - Rollbar.

I find the Throttlebot press-release interesting, but for a completely different reason to most here.

With 3rd Party stuff in general, each fan has a line in the sand. Some like the upgrade kits, and nothing else. Some like everything, while others hate everything.

I think this figure shows me where my line is - interesting figure, great design. Don't feel the need to buy it for 3rd pary prices.

Just to be clear, these aren't really throttle bots are they. No auto transformation gimmick proposed? It's just that the concept pick shown would be feasible, the toy prototype shown doesn't look like auto transformation
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Just to be clear, these aren't really throttle bots are they. No auto transformation gimmick proposed? It's just that the concept pick shown would be feasible, the toy prototype shown doesn't look like auto transformation
    Though I don't think there is enough info released at present to genuinely confirm either way, I'm almost certain that there will not be a gimmick with this figure dude (Beyond the only necessary one: Transformation ).

Auto transformation is a Battlecharger gimmick anyway, Throttlebots just had pull back and zoom!

Finally some news on this awesome looking little guy - pre-orders via RobotKingdom and BigBadToyStore RK has once again got the lead on the first batch to be delivered - by a full 3 months it seems.

The final colour in the RK page looks different. Seems to have lost the metallic look about it, which if the case is a real shame. Looked great but maybe they were worried about GPS.

Either way $60 is a bit above what I'd be willing to pay anyway.

So a pass for me.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The final colour in the RK page looks different. Seems to have lost the metallic look about it, which if the case is a real shame. Looked great but maybe they were worried about GPS.

Either way $60 is a bit above what I'd be willing to pay anyway.

So a pass for me.
    On the plus side, the dull brown colour does make it look more G1-accurate.

I agree with your thoughts regarding pricing - was actually hoping it would be around $45(?), seeing how their initial solicitation included silhouettes of the rest of the Throttlebots. Looks like this will be one expensive group ito collect TW Hegemon was reasonably priced, and whilst TW Grind Rod (terrible name) is slightly smaller than a deluxe, it seems like they're pegging their prices with FP's Insecticons initial recommended price (also the same scale).

I was actually happy he is only $60. yeah cheaper would have been better. But as a rule I always expect 3rd Party stuff to cost about $100

60 bucks?! He's only 14cm tall. Sheesh

He does not cost much more than a regular 3rd party figure of that size. FP Insecticons are shorter and were $50.