Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ToyBento (Singapore) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    It's not a matter of being 'impatient'. 2 weeks is a ridiculous time to wait for an in stock item to be shipped.
    Matter of opinion I guess

It's not a matter of being 'impatient'. 2 weeks is a ridiculous time to wait for an in stock item to be shipped.
    Try waiting 5 weeks ........... and counting

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

He took a break went on holiday. I am going to stop here as perhaps he should over work himself since he is a robot.

I received my two orders in one last week. I have been in regular contact with Ben over the last few weeks as I wanted to try and merge my orders and get them sent as one which he did.

The following is what I experienced:

1. He has always got back to me within a day or so. Has always been up front and friendly.
    2. He was away for the last two weeks of November which he did mention on his site.
    3. He notified me on the 4th Dec that my order had been sent to the freight forwarder. On the 10th of Dec, I received this email:
    Hi Cameron,

Your packages are enroute to you. They’ll probably reach you within this week.

I’m really terribly sorry about the delay There was a HUGE mess up at my forwarders, so it took much longer than usual (about 1-2 weeks delays as I wasn’t able to attend to it while I was overseas)

Let me work out something, and I’ll have some money refunded as part of compensation for the delays? The delay is really far below my service standards, and I do sincerely apologise for it

Best Regards,
    Ben

4. He then proceeded to refund me the postage costs and an extra amount.
    5. I received my order on the 16th of Dec and everything was in top shape.

I am very happy with Ben's communication and service. It is less than ideal when your freight forwarder stuffs up and remember it is very close to Christmas so there is a hell of a lot more posting going on.

I was hoping to get mine in time for Christmas and luckily did. If they didn't arrive I would have had to buy myself a couple of local presents for the kids to get me and pretend to be disappointed.

I would suggest shooting him an email to follow up if you have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    He took a break went on holiday. I am going to stop here as perhaps he should over work himself since he is a robot.
    Perhaps he shouldn't of taken a holiday at the busiest time of the year

Oh, and my order did finally arrive this week.....all creased and dented. But the outer cardboard box was pristine. So it was already damaged before it was packed. Still waiting on a reply from him.

Perhaps he shouldn't of taken a holiday at the busiest time of the year

Oh, and my order did finally arrive this week.....all creased and dented. But the outer cardboard box was pristine. So it was already damaged before it was packed. Still waiting on a reply from him.
    He sure could where the rest of his family is on holiday. Just saying. Not that I side you or him for the matter. It's how each one feels what is more important in their lives. Let us know how he deals with dents etc.

Feedback a board member forwarded a parcel to my address from him.
    Was given tracking and delivered. Inner box great condition , outer box as in postage had a minor dent.

In January I received stellar service/communication from ToyBento. Packages received quicker than tracking info could be sent out. His stuff has been coming into Australia via DHL.

Received:
    JB KO Oversized Bruticus (with Master Mech/Throne/Sword bundle)
    XTB Eligos
    KBB MP-10V(white)
    A heap of carded TR gnaws/kickbacks

Also, late last year I received a defective (strange situation) MP-10 EVA KO, and Ben's working with me to get a replacement sorted.

FINALLY got a shipping notice last night. 2 weeks after paying.
    Mine took 2 weeks from payment to shipping notice as well... and even though they had a reason (one item was lost and they had to order more in), they didn't tell me about the delay until after the order was shipped... something that they should have told me as soon as they knew that they had a problem and had to hold my order until they could get more stock in.

I received another batch of stuff from Toybento this week.

Just in case it's not known how it/he operates, I'll explain my understanding here: Ben doesn't "stock" anything, he orders in your products from mainland suppliers, then he consolidates the packages into a single shipment for your order, then sends it to a forwarder that ships it to the final destination. So there can be a lead time of 1-2 weeks for him to get it, and then (in my experience) the orders are getting to me in Melbourne in just about a week from the time they are sent to the forwarder.

Ben's been good to me. I got a figure that had some obvious defects, and he immediately arranged to send me a replacement. He informed me that the supplier had rejected his claim for a refund based on photos I sent, but he was willing to eat the cost of the figure to do what's right for me, the customer.