View Poll Results: Worth buying?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! Who could resist those feet?

15 100.00%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No amphibian for me

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%

Thread: TOY REVIEW: TR Seaspray

Default TOY REVIEW: TR Seaspray

SEASPRAY
    Series – Titans Return
    Size/class - Legend
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Alt-mode – Hovercraft

One of the most anticipated legends-class figures from the TR range for me, I picked Seaspray up via The Little Toy Company. It's an awesome little toy.

Alt mode:

A really G1 faithful and nifty looking Hovercraft. Unlike other "hovering" alt modes (such as the recent TR Blurr), he lacks any hidden wheels underneath to allow him to roll, but his underside is flat enough to slide over smooth surfaces fairly easily. His face is hidden by a white panel that folds up over the front, not particularly convincingly. He features spinning propellors at the rear.

Robot mode:

He really shines here. Stocky and solid, plenty of modern articulation. Has a chest piece that removes to become a gun-like weapon (as I've heard it said before, it looks more like a pizza box) which sits in his wrist via a tab rather than in his hand with a peg. But the best thing? Those big, goofy feet. Absolute gold, they make the figure for mine. The head sculpt is pretty simple and the eyes a bit too sunken, where I would have liked something a bit more bright and open.

General: Transformation is simple enough to do without instructions but decently complex for a toy of its size. The white and yellow colours are nice, but the blue a little dark for my tastes.

Worth Getting?: Hell yeah. Great toy. Well worth the cost of a legend at retail prices. Recommended.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Totally agree.

The only improvement may have been to have his head swivel in to his body rather than the white panel lifting to hide it.

Can't wait to get Seaspray. Glad to see he gets a good report....it was on my wish list for father day

Just a great toy. It's also funny how he comes packaged with his feet in the Hanna-Barbera stance.

I got Seapsray for fathers day along with Cosmo.....such a beautiful homage to the G1 character and a great solid bot and alt modes.....

FatalityPitt Guest

I got a Seaspray yesterday and what a treat! I had the G2 toy when I was a kid, and this to me has a tonne of nostalgia value. It's not shiny and metallic blue (and it lacks wheels), but I think it has features that more than compensates. Both modes look great, and transformation is fun, but the Titan Master cockpit is where it's at! So cool how you can store a Titan/Prime Master in there.

His weapon thing looks like he's delivering a pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post
    His weapon thing looks like he's delivering a pizza.
    Attached to Seaspray's torso in robot mode, the weapon becomes a 'Pizza Gut'.

Normally I'm one who doesn't like the a Transformer with goofy oversized feet but in this case it's for a good cause known as walking on water, which is highly appropriate for the character. His poseability though isn't as good as Cosmos.

BTW love it how every purchase of Seaspray comes with a seafood energon pizza.

Galvatran Guest

If this Seaspray had a human name it would be Doug.
    ---------
    The head sculpt is a nice touch.