Page 31 of 120 FirstFirst ... 112126272829303132333435364151 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

I remember seeing a 3 pack of Bee's in Big W many years ago. I think it was the Classics, TFTM and TFA Bee's in the set. I'm feeling old now, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    After only recently working out what these actually were, and how they differ from the JP BotCon trio, I got my first JP Choro Q toys today, and had such a laugh with the Megatron one.
    There are three moulds (Optimus, Rodimus and gun Megatron) and two decos for each mould (cartoon, and metallic/sparkly)... but the gimmick is the pull back motor on each.

Yes.... even Megatron.
    And yes.... he's a gun.

So, transforming Megatron into a gun and laying him on his side, I pull him back and let it go.... and the gun just "drives off" on its own.
    It is so funny.
    It's like watching one of those couch cars driving around.

After doing that a few times, laughing with each one, I then pull back Megatron and say, "Decepticons, transform and roll out" and let go.
    So funny.
    To me at least...

(word of warning for anyone thinking of buying these - the "metallic" ones suffer from Brittle Plastic Syndrom)
    This has been super low-priority, but I've been meaning to grab the Browning version for some years now

Image via: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron_(G1)/toys

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I remember seeing a 3 pack of Bee's in Big W many years ago. I think it was the Classics, TFTM and TFA Bee's in the set. I'm feeling old now, thanks guys.
    Yep. "The Legacy of Bumblebee" 3 pack

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    The shoulders on Transmetal Tarantulas come forward during transformation. I always used to flip the arms out, position the shoulder wheels and flip the arms back in again. I had no idea until the other day that his shoulders pivot out from his orange shell and come forward. I've had this figure for 16 years. It blew my mind.

It makes him look significantly bulkier.
    Just did that. Wow had him since he came out at the shops. The wheels also have a tab that plugs into the shoulder joint.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Autobot Cars and Decepticon Jets that were Gen2 redecos all had Gen1 allegiance stickers, which was a bit lazy, after spending time and money on all the colour changes and extra accessories.
    Never realised this!

So I just got a Henkei Ratchet in the mail, MISB. I never realise how horrible that mould is. I guess my Henkei Ironhide (which I have just now gotten off the shelf to look at) has never been played with cause now I've played with both these guys they have parts popping off in play and really look terrible in vehicle mode.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So I just got a Henkei Ratchet in the mail, MISB. I never realise how horrible that mould is. I guess my Henkei Ironhide (which I have just now gotten off the shelf to look at) has never been played with cause now I've played with both these guys they have parts popping off in play and really look terrible in vehicle mode.
    Yep, and Botcon SG Soundwave is no different The worst part is the torso joint popping clean off, sometimes without much effort or force. That cannon hand/stubby blade weapon isn't too impressive either..

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    The shoulders on Transmetal Tarantulas come forward during transformation. I always used to flip the arms out, position the shoulder wheels and flip the arms back in again. I had no idea until the other day that his shoulders pivot out from his orange shell and come forward. I've had this figure for 16 years. It blew my mind.

It makes him look significantly bulkier.
    Pictures urgently needed!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Well played, Hasbro.

TFPBH Divebomb's colours are a homage to G1 Swoop!
    1. "Divebomb" was a preliminary name for the G1 Swoop toy.
    2. In the G1 comics, Swoop's name was originally Divebomb until he had it taken by a Decepticon (who would later be the Predacon Divebomb).

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Pictures urgently needed!
    Just try it it obvious once you know about it