Great work, Gutsman and Liege: Mixmaster is proud of you both.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUNDBLASTER View Post
I dont collect MISB G1 but if i ever did I would never open 1. I mean whats the point of paying the kinda money they demand just to be the 1st person to touch the toy since packaged when u can buy a loose toy for much much less for the same enjoyment the certain toy gives...
My problem isn't so much with the enjoyment, but with the disappointment I feel every time I buy a loose toy on eBay that's described as mint, but turns out to be far from it. I'm tired of buying bad quality loose toys on eBay with deceptive and dishonest descriptions, so if I open a sealed toy myself, I know it's mint. I have a really good metaphor for this, but it's probably not appropriate on this all-ages forum. At the moment I want a mintier G1 and G2 collection, and this is one of the ways I can ensure I get it. And if I ever do want to sell them, I don't think I've devalued them too much, as near-mint toys with all packaging and paperwork don't go for too much less than MISP ones.

But Sky Shadow big uppps to you for having the courage to open that bad boy... Hope he didnt cost you toooo much dude
Thanks. Back in the 80s, a Mixmaster was the first Transformer I ever opened (equal first with Scavenger), so this one was a bit of nostalgia. Also, these days, (sadly) this is the only way to ensure it's a real Constructicon and not a knockoff. After postage it cost me more than a 2009 ROTF Voyager, less than a Leader. And I would much rather play with him than a ROTF toy any day.

Some more of my recent MISP emancipations:

And bonus karma points if anyone opens an AFA graded toy.