Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re-Chroming bits and pieces how to guide

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    How much do those sprays cost?

Hey VERT, how does that silver plating stand up against chipping?
    No chipping after almost 10 years its close to indestructible. You just clean it with metal polish or silver polish

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I just came across this tutorial concerning this product and it looks amazing. I have yet to try it but it looks interesting. A note at Rainbow10 says it will be in stock in a few months.
    does anyone know if the Kosutte Gin-san powder is available for order yet?

I've been searching for it at HLJ and R10. Nothing at the moment.

When I get the reissue jazz gun, I am going to try and send it to those chromers.

I bought some Spraypak silver chrome from Bunnings yesterday for $10.

As mentioned previously it's not as shiny as the original chrome - in fact, it looks like the Humbrol silver paint I use on my customs - but it is an improvement on worn parts (and has a smoother finish than using model paint)

So far I've done a KO Blast Off chest piece (as a test run), a junker Long Haul's legs (test run on 'real' Transformers), Steeljaw's guns and Kickback's wings.

Umming and aaahing about whether to do Octane's wings and tanker top.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    So far I've done a KO Blast Off chest piece (as a test run), a junker Long Haul's legs (test run on 'real' Transformers), Steeljaw's guns and Kickback's wings.
    Post some pictures of the figures after, I am intrigued to see how this stuff works out. I want to buy some stuff to rechrome a few things.

I have tried it. It is certainly a huge improvement from worn chrome but it lacks that 'mirror' shine from original chrome as its rather flat.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Post some pictures of the figures after, I am intrigued to see how this stuff works out. I want to buy some stuff to rechrome a few things.
    Will do... but you will have to wait several days until I am back at work. There is an internet drought at home at the moment (thanks Optus! )

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Will do... but you will have to wait several days until I am back at work. There is an internet drought at home at the moment (thanks Optus! )
    That's cool. I don't have net at home atm either, ditching the crappy vodafone broadband stick for a more permanent connection.

The Chromers (http://www.chrometech.com.au/) wanted to charge me $88 for chroming a small Jazz gun - I don't think so

I guess that I will just need to find a gold color of that spray. It's there a gold version of that super gold chrome spray?