Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TLK lands 9 Razzie nominations

Default TLK lands 9 Razzie nominations

Well um, as someone that really dislikes many aspects of the Bayverse (mostly around acting, script and directing) I'm not at all surprised by this. TLK has landed 9 Razzie nominations this year.

The Razzies are awarded for the worst movies of the year, as opposed to most awards ceremonies that award the best movies.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/22/16...rs-last-knight

I saw about 5 movies last year, most of those nominated I didn't see. Looking through the list it feels like there was a shortlist of movies selected and then the people filling the roles of the selected movies were automatically selected to fill each nomination.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

only 9 ?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I saw about 5 movies last year, most of those nominated I didn't see. Looking through the list it feels like there was a shortlist of movies selected and then the people filling the roles of the selected movies were automatically selected to fill each nomination.
    Yeah I totally agree. A very small range of movies there so it was probably ‘Well, we’ve decided TF5 was one of the worst, what categories can we fill from it? We’ve already used Baywatch to fill most of the slots’

How do they think that the worst actor can be the same actor from two different movies?

I suspect they are unlikely to be THAT bad in two movies.

That list is awful

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    How do they think that the worst actor can be the same actor from two different movies?

I suspect they are unlikely to be THAT bad in two movies.

That list is awful
    Yeah well, when your whole point is to tear down others work rather than create something yourself or look for the good in things, you don’t need to put a lot of effort in.

Welcome to the friggin internet eh - supreme home of the Negative Nancy’s

It’s a bit of fun, lighten up

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah well, when your whole point is to tear down others work rather than create something yourself or look for the good in things, you don’t need to put a lot of effort in.

Welcome to the friggin internet eh - supreme home of the Negative Nancy’s
    Just pointing out, the Razzies have been around since before the public spread of internet. (1981)

Also, there are plenty of film festivals and award ceremonies that celebrate movies that are regarded as good, such as the Academy Awards (Oscars), BAFTA, Cannes (etc.) just to name a few. There are even festivals that focus on celebrating short indie films like Tropfest, Sundance and so on. The Razzies are the only festival that gives awards for bad films. I don't imagine that there would be too many others.

And there's nothing wrong with negative criticism as long as it's reasonably justified and ultimately constructive. e.g. George Lucas was given constructive criticism about regarding Jar Jar Binks in the Star Wars Prequels, and to Lucas' credit he did take this on board. Jar Jar has limited and far more useful appearances in Attack of the Clones, and he only made a single silent cameo in Revenge of the Sith. And I think that the Razzies are kinda like a parody of the Oscars and all the other award ceremonies and festivals for good films. I doubt that Michael Bay is going to lose any sleep over this.

I think a more damning thing was Nostalgia Critic's Non-Review of The Last Knight. This is a "non" review that he made before the movie was released. Watching it with the hindsight of having seen TLK, it's scary to see how many of his predictions came true. Not all, but a fair number. He came pretty darn close to the mark! And Nostalgia Critic put this video out there effectively as a dare to Michael Bay to prove him wrong. And that's the best thing you can do to silence your critics -- by making a good movie!

gesta non verba ("Deeds not words")

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just pointing out, the Razzies have been around since before the public spread of internet. (1981)
    Well there ya go, didn’t know that. I’d read them for a few years but always online.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    And there's nothing wrong with negative criticism as long as it's reasonably justified and ultimately constructive. e.g. George Lucas was given constructive criticism about regarding Jar Jar Binks in the Star Wars Prequels, and to Lucas' credit he did take this on board. Jar Jar has limited and far more useful appearances in Attack of the Clones, and he only made a single silent cameo in Revenge of the Sith. And I think that the Razzies are kinda like a parody of the Oscars and all the other award ceremonies and festivals for good films. I doubt that Michael Bay is going to lose any sleep over this.

I think a more damning thing was Nostalgia Critic's Non-Review of The Last Knight. This is a "non" review that he made before the movie was released. Watching it with the hindsight of having seen TLK, it's scary to see how many of his predictions came true. Not all, but a fair number. He came pretty darn close to the mark! And Nostalgia Critic put this video out there effectively as a dare to Michael Bay to prove him wrong. And that's the best thing you can do to silence your critics -- by making a good movie!

gesta non verba ("Deeds not words")
    Errrr.... no one said anything about not giving negative feedback to movies or constructive criticism. The most said was by me which was it’s easier to rubbish a flick online than try and make something yourself which is pretty true.

What we were saying was it seems to be a very lazy list this year as with thousands of movies from 2017 to choose from and reference they just seemed to select a few big name ones and then use them over and over and over again. That was the point in discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    It’s a bit of fun, lighten up
    Really? Mr ‘The government will take your toys! The government will take you toys! Get forms! Get gun safes! The sky is falling!’ is telling others to lighten up? Hah - that’s just funny!

Edit: just playing mate - everyone appreciated all the research you put in regarding MP Megs
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 24th January 2018 at 07:01 AM.