Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    *According to the Marvel website, this weeks comics will be hitting shelves on Thursday (4th) which means Friday (5th) for us here in Australia. I wonder why it's not the usual Wednesday/Thursday?
    Was it thanksgiving holiday and the subsequent Black Friday or somethin'?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Was it thanksgiving holiday and the subsequent Black Friday or somethin'?
    they have a friday dedicated to me??? gosh im cool

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    they have a friday dedicated to me??? gosh im cool
    some people need to really get over themselves.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    some people need to really get over themselves.
    ZOMG the pot calling the kettle black, but in my case i am, but still.... :P

Secret Invasion #8 ...

Hmm what can I say?

Spoilers ahead.

/START SPOILERS/

Most of this final issue felt like an epilogue, which isn't a bad thing but because of that Janet and Skrull Queens death seemed rushed.

So the Skrulls kept all the people they impersonated alive and they all happily return back to Earth at the end. Wow what a kick in the balls that is, after all those New and Mighty Avengers issues dealing with Skrulls planting sleeper agents by secretly (and violently) snuffing out Earth's heroes, now those issues just feel cheap (? - I don't know how to exactly describe what I feel). Guess Marvel can't afford to shake up the status quo that much can they? I think that was the biggest let down for me.

Final page was definitely a lovely clincher, I'm looking forward to seeing what this "Evil Illuminati" has in store for the Marvel universe.

/END SPOILERS/

All in all Secret Invasion wasn't bad, it's like a summer blockbuster of comic book events. Lots oh hype, lots of flash, bit low on the substance.

Bring on Dark Reign!

I'm surprised Piratescratch your fatigue hasn't kicked in. Mine is and that's despite me not even following the stuff recently. Sounds like a let down and not the shake up we all expected.

I got burnt out with most of the tie ins for Secret Invasion, namely most of the New and Mighty Avenger ones.

I am not impressed at all by the end of Secret Invasion.

What a cheap way to [spoiler]bring back a character that's been dead for something like 15 years, and to only bring one back, guess she's someone's favourite.[/spoiler]

But mostly and totally I'm not impressed by [spoiler]the implication that Emma Frost is still evil. She's been on the X-Men's side since 1994 and we just had the "can we trust her" story done and dealt with in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. The best and only lasting addition to the X-Men team in the last decade is being set up as 'still evil'? Bah to that.[/spoiler]

As an ending, Secret Invasion was wrapped up too quickly.

However, it has set things up for a promising (for the reader) future. Frontline finished nicely, still preferred the old style better though.

One thing that REALLY annoyed me with Frontline however was Iron Man. Wearing the modern day suit while in the main SI title Stark was forced to use a pre-Starktech suit which was significantly different in looks. Artists really dropped the ball on that one.

Of course other things wrapped up this week as well. "True Believers", nice little mini-series, hope to see more of them down the track.

And of course we begin the end of Batman with R.I.P. and Last Rites beginning. Truly suprised by DC's decision to cancel Robin, Nightwing and Birds of Prey with Batman and Detective Comics taking a temporary break. To me it seems like a big gamble to not only have one of their biggest characters disappear, but to also shelve (temporarily for some) of it's big titles. Give 'em credit for taking the gamble! I hope it pays off in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    One thing that REALLY annoyed me with Frontline however was Iron Man. Wearing the modern day suit while in the main SI title Stark was forced to use a pre-Starktech suit which was significantly different in looks. Artists really dropped the ball on that one.
    That reminds me of a recent continuity error, in Ms. Marvel #32, Carol's left arm getting smashed in by a hammer then in #33 we see her right arm in a cast.