2 14.29%
  • No

1 7.14%
  • Not even interested

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP35 Grapple

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Just opened mine tonight. Another excellent Masterpiece figure. Never had the G1 toy and he's not one of my fondest characters but I appreciate the engineering that has been put into the transformation. Also an insane amount of accessories.
    You opened it... I hope you have a 2nd one unopened

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    You opened it... I hope you have a 2nd one unopened
    Haha heaven forbid! Yes I opened it because the box was a little dinged, not worth keeping MISB. I was expecting it would arrive like that from Amazon. Just have to hope my 2nd copy from PC arrives in nice enough shape to warrant keeping it sealed.

I should also note the chrome is so much better than that on Ironhide and Ratchet (which already had chrome wear right out of the box). It was perfect and I won't bother doing a clear coat on it since it will be hardly handled once on the shelf.

I have issue with the chrome on my MP Ironhide or Ratchet, although my Ratchet had a bit of flaking on the white paint. My mate's MP Hot Rod had major "chrome dandruff" though.

Added Grapple to my MP display. The orange really pops amongst the sea of red and blue.

Yeah he does make for a nice change of colour on my getting-overcrowded Autobot shelf.

Mine has really tight joints, to the point I wondered whether they actually were joints. I got mine displayed with the sun model thingy, makes a change from every other bot with a gun

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I have issue with the chrome on my MP Ironhide or Ratchet, although my Ratchet had a bit of flaking on the white paint. My mate's MP Hot Rod had major "chrome dandruff" though.
    Perhaps you should give Takara Tomy a feedback on their chrome paint apps on toys? At this rate I would prefer a matt silver finish than anything shiny.

Got sick of waiting for a certain online dealer and just bought one while I was in Japan (and for about $15 cheaper than said dealer's preorder price too).

Anyway, now that I finally have my own MP Grapple I've been able to take more pics, so enjoy.

More MP Grapple pics can be found here

I've added the Toy Review detail proforma on the first post. I have also included both the pre and post tax RRP for this toy. The reason for this is because non-Japanese residents are tax-exempt on purchases of 5000JPY or more whereas those of you living in Japan are not.

I was fortunate in that I found my MP35 on sale at Yodobashi Camera and so as a non-Japanese resident I was able to stack my tax exemption on top of the sale price and paid about 10954JPY (AU$133), about $7 cheaper than PC only without the interminably long wait!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got my copy from Taiwan source.
    I like this figure, I am just liking how it keeps the crane just like how inferno keeps the ladder.

The down points:
    The arm is screaming becareful when you rotate.
    The piston at the crane looks a lot plastic, and by that I mean cheap plastic.
    The cover for the cannon and hands dont close properly

Plus side:
    Good overall figure
    lots of accessories,
    lots of faces to choose.

I just realised...since he comes with the Solar Power Tower, you could arguably use it as part of a base display with Metrolex/Fortress Maximus/Omega Supreme.
    Has anyone tried it, and if so how does it look?