Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROBERT DOWNEY JR. (Ironman!)

Default ROBERT DOWNEY JR. (Ironman!)

hello people.
    i do not know if this is the right section for this... but i'll post anyway.

Saw this ironman repulsor black 12 inch scale on target for clearance at $15 au bucks each, grabbed one and saw i think the best robert downey jr. face sculpt, but the paint ruined the beautiful headsculpt. i was also impressed with the overall sculpt of the armor, the proportion, it has only 9 points of articulation but one of the best good looking movie ironman figures out there. i think it's close enough to be a statue.

so i had to do what i love to do, modify and put all the details i have to do.

here is what he looks like before the modification.

and here is Robert Downey Jr. IRONMAN

AMAZING!!!

i think its time for you to discover hot toys

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?...product_id=392

you'll never look at a target iron man again. i have both the mk2 (in transit) and mk3. simply amazing

Well done!

Nice facial textures to, Amazing what painting the head will do for a toy. I really need to try this on Gi Joe Duke one day.

thanks bros for visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Linthart View Post
    i think its time for you to discover hot toys

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?...product_id=392

you'll never look at a target iron man again. i have both the mk2 (in transit) and mk3. simply amazing
    umm i've seen them in person, those hot toys are very detailed, but the price is too "hot" for me.

i'll stick with my target ironman... im happy cause i worked on him and an addition to my artworks.
    thanks though.

Nice paint job. Painting faces well is a skill I wish I had.

Quote Originally Posted by rateeg View Post
    thanks bros for visiting.

umm i've seen them in person, those hot toys are very detailed, but the price is too "hot" for me.

i'll stick with my target ironman... im happy cause i worked on him and an addition to my artworks.
    thanks though.
    No doubt it's a brilliant job you've done there mate, certainly for about 10% of the cost of hot toys

err, this may sound like a stupid question, but i have the exact same repulsor power iron man as the one you have pictured in the box, and im pretty sure that my one's helmet does not come off to reveal robert downey jr's face.

Are you sure you dont mean Invincible Iron man???

I'm really hoping that i am wrong so that i'll be pleasantly surprised when i get home to forcefully remove his helemt rather than popping off his entire head....

Anyways, great work with the face paint... do you have any future plans to add some articulated joints to the figure? i found it was really crappy for action poses hey.

Wow. That's an incredible likeness (and far better than the 'Hot Toys' one anyway.) Well done!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

That looks excellent! Well done!