Page 13 of 870 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW Transformers Sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Wow. Myers and DJ's build their customer base out of price matching. I'd ask to talk to that assistant's manager.
    Agreed, Myer has always price matched when i've tried it.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

'We will not ... lead the market on price'

That sounds like they have no desire to give the consumer value-for-money, unless the customer goes to the trouble of chasing up a price-match. Something most won't have the time or effort to want to do.
    At least Kmart have a price-matching policy AND tries to be fairly competative. Myer just has the price-matching policy and screws over everyone else who isn't able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    'We will not ... lead the market on price'

That sounds like they have no desire to give the consumer value-for-money, unless the customer goes to the trouble of chasing up a price-match. Something most won't have the time or effort to want to do.
    At least Kmart have a price-matching policy AND tries to be fairly competative. Myer just has the price-matching policy and screws over everyone else who isn't able to use it.
    It does look particularly unwieldy. If Myer provided some other real service, like real customer service, an excellent range, etc, then this might be justifiable, but in reality the place is like a warehouse - pick what you want and bring it to the counter.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    It does look particularly unwieldy. If Myer provided some other real service, like real customer service, an excellent range, etc, then this might be justifiable, but in reality the place is like a warehouse - pick what you want and bring it to the counter.
    I work in retail and believe me the squeaky wheel will get the oil. Complain loud enough, long enough and you'll get what you want. Because they will want the sale.

On Friday a customer got a discount because some idiot sales assistant (I'm non-sales) neglected to remove a little sign that said, "promotion."

I went into Myers today to try and score some new animated toys whilst at the same time testing out their price match policy. I grabbed Swindle, Blurr and Universe Cheetor and asked if they price matched. The lady said yes as long as it was not under cost. I told her that TRU has Animated deluxes for $29.99. She said that was under cost and would not match it. This shitted me no end - under cost??? I asked her what the cost price was which she said she could not disclose but assured me it was under cost. So I proceeded to ask if Big W, K-mart and Target were all selling their animated deluxes "under cost" as well since they all sold their deluxes for less than Myers price. She refused to comment but said she would not match the price. I asked for the department manager and it turns out she was it. I was going to ask for the store manager but I wasn't going to waste my time for some toys. I was so steamed up that I just left. I have not bought any new TFs since January due to the lack of new stuff on the shelves and when it finally appears, ridiculous pricing and availability prevents me from buying them. No wonder Lego has my attention of late. I raise a one finger salute to Myers and Hasbro.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

The Wholesale price for Deluxes in 2008 for Australia was $17. Not sure if Myer's 'cost price' includes transportation costs, but it shouldn't get above about $20-22.
    Claiming that it is above $30 is just their way of getting around the price-match policy, because they don't have to prove it, they can just say it is and reject your price-matching claim.

Sounds like it might be worth mentioning to Fair Trading... This is clearly deceptive conduct on the party of the store via the department manager.

BIG W and K-Mart would be selling under cost then! K-Mart is at $28.99 at the moment for these.

The fact that she said "yes as long as it is under cost" sounds to me like she was priming for her standard reply. In any event, how would she know the cost off hand like that? I've spoken to staff at Myer who say "I didn't even know the sale was on until a customer told me". To have such in depth knowledge about the cost of one item out of many is fanciful, in my opinion.

If you feel like it, Fungal, take a run at Fair Trading with this.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

I'm not even going to bother as much as it sh-ts me. They're just toys afterall and I'd hate myself even more to think that I'd gone to such an effort for toys and let more important things in life slide.
    Last edited by griffin; 30th March 2009 at 02:25 AM.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I went into Myers today to try and score some new animated toys whilst at the same time testing out their price match policy. The lady said yes as long as it was not under cost. I told her that TRU has Animated deluxes for $29.99. She said that was under cost and would not match it.
    So in other words they won't match it unless it's a few dollars off? That's just dumb. No wonder the place is a tomb. At DJ's we at least match like for like, which basically is:

As long as it is not part of a special offer and that the competitor has the item in stock we'll match it. Myers sounds like they've dumped the policy without actually dumping the policy. Stupid move.