Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Seekers

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yes, it seemed like the only potential interpretation that could glean sense from that first post. It said, "which starscream should i get? Universe or classiccs- universe is more accurate but a different mold. Anyone got a good size comparison of generations thundercracker and universe star scream?" which states that a) they're different moulds and b) different sizes.
    I think i read it wrong, sorry dude. I thought it meant there was only one g1 style universe ss that year. But yes, I realsie that now. Thanks for clearing it up. Dirge is pretty good and the most recent, so he's right up the top. I might actually get him adn take a little time to decide on the other. Anyone here selling Generations Dirge for less than RRP? ($30 or so) So anyway, thanks people, but still deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Generations Deluxe Dirge can be had for $18 + shipping from Figures Direct (in WA) at the moment.
    Quoted for truth

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Erm... Sky Shadow was responding to your comment, "universe is more accurate but a different mold" -- and Universe Starscream is just a repaint of the same mould as Classics Starscream, whereas Masterpiece Starscream is a different mould and sold in the same "Classics" style packaging as you can see here. You may have meant to say a "different redeco of that mould", but your actual wording was "a different mould," so I can understand how Sky Shadow came to the conclusion that you may have meant Hasbro's Masterpiece Starscream.
    It is a different mould to the initial batch. Different number of vents, plus a few 'improvements' over the first, so it is technically a different mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    It is a different mould to the initial batch. Different number of vents, plus a few 'improvements' over the first, so it is technically a different mold.
    That would make it a remould rather than an entirely different mould.
    Reference (TFwiki calls it a "redeco" but does say that the mould was modified)

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That would make it a remould rather than an entirely different mould.
    Reference (TFwiki calls it a "redeco" but does say that the mould was modified)
    Which does nothing to rebut my point. In fact, you've just posted information that indeed verifies my statement.

You stated 'different mold', to invalidate the OP's earlier statement, when what you've just posted simply verifies that yes, it is indeed a different mold. It is indeed a different mold, due to the changes made to the actual physical mold.

Redeco is also used in the same way as repaint, and doesn't constitute mold changes at all.

I suggest you read up on this, so you can provide correct information in the future.

Just when we thought we had enough Seekers, there's now Star Seekers - which I'm going to assume are Seekers who fly in outer space (because otherwise Star Seekers sound like a subgroup of Rainbow Brite or My Little Pony).

(Also I should get around to reading Exiles).

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Which does nothing to rebut my point. In fact, you've just posted information that indeed verifies my statement.

You stated 'different mold', to invalidate the OP's earlier statement, when what you've just posted simply verifies that yes, it is indeed a different mold. It is indeed a different mold, due to the changes made to the actual physical mold.

Redeco is also used in the same way as repaint, and doesn't constitute mold changes at all.

I suggest you read up on this, so you can provide correct information in the future.
    Ok guys, just to point it out, i know its not a different mold, ok?! I'm not saying it is. That post was a while ago. I just realised it after i started the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Quoted for truth

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out- see what i can do. any other sales that are cheap. Ebay is preferred but anyhting goes. BTW, what r star seekers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    BTW, what r star seekers?
    A new group of "pirates" who are their own faction (not Autobots, not Decepticons) with only one toy so far, Thundertron, who've we've just seen pictures of.

So far there's no other connection to the other use of the word "seeker" and sorry for any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

(Also I should get around to reading Exiles).
    Same
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503