Thread: Ebay removing all KO auctions? Thoughts?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Default Ebay removing all KO auctions? Thoughts?

This news was over at Seibertron... but I thought rather than post it in the news section, I'd put it here - because I'm keen to read other people's opinions/discussion.

Personally, I welcome the idea of KOs not being on ebay. I'm always scared to bid on some "original" G1 figures because they might be fake!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

It's about bloody time!

But seriously, It will be impossible to permanently keep all KO's off Ebay. Those KO sellers are a crafty bunch who are experts at slipping between the cracks.

Hell, If they can't plug the massive hole from which all those "stolen from the factory" figures are coming through then all I can say is "good luck" to stopping the plague of the KO.

At the moment the majority of them are marketted as "reissues".

My biggest concern is that they'll try to pass them off as legit originals and people REALLY will get screwed over.

Boycott KO'S! Save a Junker and restore it!

Default Ebay FINALLY taking down (almost) all KO TFs auctions.

Posted here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...m-ebay-165004/

EBay sellers of knockoff Transformers figures are reporting their auctions are being taken down and in many cases, their accounts are being suspended. According to one seller, eBay's reason for the cancellations was trademark infringement.

It's unclear at this time whether this is Hasbro's legal department acting to protect the brand, eBay independently enforcing existing policy, or a mass reporting to eBay of KO auctions by a third party.

I just checked ebay AU and could only find one KO item. And doing a search for 'reissue' on ebay US had very pleasent results.

I'm happy to think that there are a lot of toy dealers stuck with KO stock they now can't sell. For a while anyway.

But I wonder how long it will last.

Merged my posting with the Robzy's topic. Didn't see it when I posted mine. Also moved it into the news section.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I just looked on ebay.au and still saw quite a few, but NOWHERE near the amount there used to be. They must have just deleted one chinese sellers account.
    ________
    Vapormatic vaporizer
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:31 AM.

only found 1 "reissue devistator"

I'm slowly seeing more and more KOs appearing again.

I think this needs to be a constant effort, once off "clearance" is not good enough. I think the sellers will do whatever the means to try to sell their "stock"....

This may have something to do with it:

htp://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/ebay-fined-over-counterfeit-goods/2008/06/05/1212258942844.html (add a "t", board upgrade apparently hasn't solved the hyperlinking issue)

It goes to show that eBay does have the power to stop counterfeiters, but until jow simply hasn't had the will.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

You don't think it could be the same KO Sellers? I mean once they get their old account closed down, it wouldn't be that hard to open up a new one...