Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: TFC Toys Next Project: Superion!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Ok, I was able to get the traditional Chinese form of the words in this picture:http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t...92162583_n.jpg

and essentially it means "Small flying squadron six-member combination team Uranos".

(Literally translates as "Flying small team six combination Uranos")
    Interesting. Thanks for confirming that, Sam. I imagine that the 6th guy is is composed of combiner kibble but that could be a bit of a cop out as the other 3rd party combiners have been able to handle excess combiner kibble remarkably well by making them into individual weapons and accessories.

I am looking forward to the reveal of how they plan to execute this.

They've confirmed on their FB page that it's 6 separate bots.

Puts this project on the back foot for me, personally. I could yet be blown away by the overall package, especially if the sixth member fits in nicely. But at the moment it feels a lot like I just saved $600...

Hmmmm. Not sure what to think. They may yet pull it off awesomesauce stylz, although FP Superion just got slightly more attractive...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Ok, I was able to get the traditional Chinese form of the words in this picture:http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t...92162583_n.jpg

and essentially it means "Small flying squadron six-member combination team Uranos".

(Literally translates as "Flying small team six combination Uranos")
    Awesome!
    Thank you very much for getting your Father to clarify that Sam, it's very appreciated and it certainly makes things curiouser huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for confirming that, Sam. I imagine that the 6th guy is is composed of combiner kibble but that could be a bit of a cop out as the other 3rd party combiners have been able to handle excess combiner kibble remarkably well by making them into individual weapons and accessories.

I could see the kibble doing just that Kup & it'd make for a more interesting set IMO, it's a good opportunity for TFC to further experiment with 'Combiners' but I don't blame Trent or Sutton for feeling the way they do.
    I must say that I'm a little more interested in the design/development/production of this set now, I'm certainly not committing to buy it (For reasons previously stated) but I'm definitely more intrigued by it.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

The fact that TFC incorporated the combined kibble into Herc pretty well indicates to me that if they can't do it with Uranus, then as far as they're concerned, it can't be done in a way that they would be happy with. I mean where are you going to hide a foot and a hand on those jets? I just don't think it could be done in any reasonable manner. Could be wrong though.

And if there indeed is a 6th member, then the biggest problem I have is the price. That could potentially add another $80 plus shipping to the price. Which in all honesty would put the total out of range of what I'm willing to pay. It's already teetering on the edge.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    And if there indeed is a 6th member, then the biggest problem I have is the price. That could potentially add another $80 plus shipping to the price. Which in all honesty would put the total out of range of what I'm willing to pay. It's already teetering on the edge.
    Price is certainly a concern. Hercules was around $600 for all 6.

Maybe the sixth figure transformers into the combined form's main weapon? Or it could be a small robot that acts as the "pilot" for the combined form (but that's essentially a "throwaway" figure, hahha).

@kup and Hursticon: No worries about the Chinese text info guys. In fact I also have my dad to thank for teaching me 3D solid concepts and continuing my interest for drawing.

I too am worried about the combined form of these 6 'bots. But after seeing some of the colour sampling they displayed I am happy to buy these guys as just individuals. Already preordered (the first 2) almost 2 weeks ago and unless they change the colours to something horrid I will keep the order.

A kibble combiner doesn't seem like to bad an idea, Superion like Bruticus has more large kibble mostly because of his feet. While yes FP Crossfire Bruticus hides his feet kibble well as an upgrade to Onslaught, and the FP Superion kit does a similar job, I don't know if that would work so well as TFC seem to be going for fairly real world alt modes, where as the the Energon based sets have more fictional modes. Therefore if the kibble jet or bot saves the combiner parts alt modes from being comprised I will be happy.

And if he is a whole new robot, then he better have a damn fine alt mode.