Page 392 of 467 FirstFirst ... 372382387388389390391392393394395396397402412 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Half the skills and stuff in Knight I didn't even touch (like bullet resistance and gliding batarangs). I really enjoyed it and found a few of the new things rather fun, but there are some sections that were a little tedious.

For example, all the tanks battles. I really didn't find them very fun. But I did enjoy the chases and other things that involved the batmobile. I do wish that they had more sections that required stealth though. I felt that since Asylum, they've been moving away from the stealth mechanic and focusing more on the combat.

I did like the bank heist missions, with the time limit and option to go hard and fast on the stealthiness, but generally, there was a lack of stealth. Which made me sad
    I found there were avenues to be stealthy with main story missions but not with the militia side stuff. Agree they need to go more stealthy. The controls were a bit dicky with all the combinations trying to hit them at the right time. Might be doing dc justice league movie tie in game.

My missus bought me Ghostbusters on the Wii years ago but I always wanted to play the PlayStation version.

Borrowed the new GB movie from the library. The one thing the movie achieved for me was to make me nostalgic enough to want to play as the original cast so I dug out the old PS3 and bought a sealed GB game for $20 on eBay.

Enjoying it so far. I wonder whatever happened to my Atari 2600 Ghostbusters game? Probably worth a fortune now.

Preordered he physical PC copy of Destiny 2 in the hopes that I’d be able to install of disc.

Nope

68Gb download at <3Mbps....

Finished Uncharted 4 over the weekend. It was actually a pretty good game, at least as good or better than the second instalment. It still suffers from repetitive shoot out sequences but overall they are handled better than previous games for sure. Another thing that was a welcome change of pace was that the ending makes sense and doesn't go into crazy which is a huge contrast to the building plot earlier as per previous games.

Overall enjoyed it.

I now need to decide what 'short' game to play next. I want to get a few out of the way before I go into another game that takes hundreds of hours to complete.

Play Uncharted Lost Legacy then. About 6 hours of gameplay much in the same vein as UC4.

I'm pretty disappointed about the Star Wars Game That Totally Isn't Uncharted:
    Star Wars getting effectively cancelled and "re-focused for a broader audience" I cannot wait until EA loses its exclusive rights for games development with Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post

Moving on, and I’ve preordered Battlefront 2.
    nooooooooooooo

EA is concentrating purely on Online multiplayer games for the micro transactions. It explains why they are closing studios they acquired that are known for single player games.

It's a shame as some of those studios have a great history going back several years. Bioware for example which has shown a steady decline since EA took over and probably next in the chopping board. No more Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc at least not as we would want them to be.

At least this may encourage other companies to make their own new IPs.

What's scary is that EA is not yet doing everything they can to get people to use microtransactions. If they wanted to increase the amount of money they get from microtransactions they would include for "free" with the purchase of the game a sizable amount of in game currency and use it to train the player to use microtransactions like free to play games do.

I want this year's Need For Speed game, but I'm afraid they are going to microtransaction the hell out of it so I'm waiting for reviews.

I updated batman knight. For 5 hours all i got was three new skins and one is locked out. I cant see anything different? Do games nowadays still have the content on the disc but its locked till your purchase the dlc?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    I updated batman knight. For 5 hours all i got was three new skins and one is locked out. I cant see anything different? Do games nowadays still have the content on the disc but its locked till your purchase the dlc?
    Depends on the game. Sometimes content is baked into the core game download either from day one or added in a patch and you purchase a key to unlock it, but sometimes it's a completely separate download.

Best way to tell if DLC is part of the main game install is from how big the DLC is. Around 10-15mb or less and it's likely built into the game.

Most devs are putting the DLC into the main game files these days just for compatibility reasons, especially if the game has online components.