Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Do the ends justify the means? How do you morally justify counterfeits made by thieves?
    Same thing, how do you feel providing a bad product charging an arm for it?
    Is is ethical? Do you feel mp dinobot should have been recalled?

It is a violation of forum rules to discuss KOs. Please refrain from doing so, weather you believe you have a valid point or not.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

In other news I look forward to the plethora of repaints that MP-10 went through.
    Takara
    Hasbro
    Nemesis
    Ultra Magnus
    Shattered Glass
    YotH (unlikely)
    Evangelion
    Various BAPE
    Golden Lagoon (unlikely)

Any I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    In other news I look forward to the plethora of repaints that MP-10 went through.
    Takara
    Hasbro
    Nemesis
    Ultra Magnus
    Shattered Glass
    YotH (unlikely)
    Evangelion
    Various BAPE
    Golden Lagoon (unlikely)

Any I miss?
    711 Inconvenience Store Convoy.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Should clarify that was the Ultra Magnus I was referring to.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    It is a violation of forum rules to discuss KOs. Please refrain from doing so, weather you believe you have a valid point or not.
    C'mon Tober. If you're going to come down hard on members at least do it with panache. Swing that banhammer as though you are Thor.

Do the ends justify the means? How do you morally justify counterfeits made by thieves?
    Since this matter was reported by one of the members (which was the right thing to do for the staff to review the matter), I wanted to respond to it in regards to the board's rules.

The individual isn't telling people to buy KOs (which is against the rules here), so, the posts were not a promotion of them.
    It was a very small comment about KOs that was actually using them as a way to highlight a negative element of the legit toys (over-pricing for poor QC). There is no other objective way to do that, as any other toy or toyline would be apples to oranges. The point raised here was that IF an exact version of a toy can be done cheaper (setting aside development costs) and yet sometimes have better QC, why can't the legit version have better QC.

Also, if we don't have moderate, constructive discussions or comments on how they relate/compare/differ from the legal toys (that doesn't advocate fans to buy them), we would be oblivious to why they appeal to some people, and it would be difficult to debate/contest their pros from a position of being in the dark about them.

It's just unfortunate that we've had such a bad run of quality issues with Masterpiece toys, that we are expecting future toys to have something wrong with them... and distract ourselves from the actual news in these topics by debating it before it even exists.
    As such... back to talking about what we do know about this toy.

I would'nt have a problem picking this up, even at $400+, as long as Takara would stand by their product. Problem is, they wash their hands once their figures go into mass production.

Missing a piece or broken shoulder? Good luck contacting Takara to get a replacment part (Hasbro Australia is just as bad, they just tell you to take it back and get a refund). There is no afterservice care, and they never acknowledge there is a problem (look at Dinobot lol).

Compare this to some 3rd Party companies nowadays (Fanstoys ect) who stand by their product and ship out parts on request.

Takara should have the highest standards, but they fall very short nowadays because once they have your money they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by graza78 View Post
    Missing a piece or broken shoulder? Good luck contacting Takara to get a replacment part (Hasbro Australia is just as bad, they just tell you to take it back and get a refund). There is no afterservice care, and they never acknowledge there is a problem (look at Dinobot lol).
    You've had issues with TakaraTOMY's customer care? Because I've always found their customer care to be par excellence.

I've had 2 MPs that had QC issues and both times the issue was promptly resolved by Takara(TOMY)'s customer care:

1/ My MP1 came missing a small ladder panel for the truck mode. When I contacted Takara they were extremely apologetic and promptly sent me replacement parts via express courier. They also included free bonus Transformers merchandise for my trouble.

2/ My MP Rumble came with 2 of the same side piledriver. When I contacted TakaraTOMY they sent me replacement piledrivers with a printed letter of apology.

How did Takara(TOMY) respond to your issues?

You've had issues with TakaraTOMY's customer care? Because I've always found their customer care to be par excellence.
    The vast majority of us don't speak Japanese so we can't contact Takara at all. So we have zero chance if we have a Takara QC issue of sorting it if the retailer is not willing/able to help.