Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: US Amazon shipping some regular TFs toys overseas

Default US Amazon shipping some regular TFs toys overseas

With the recent exclusives on Amazon being made available to non-Americans, I decided to look for other Transformers items that were exportable, if any. Because in the past, Amazon US (like Amazon JP) would restrict toy sales to domestic customers only... with a few exceptions it seems.
    Now it looks like they are opening up their sales to foreigners, as there is a filter option on the left of the screen (when you go into "Toys & Games" and search for Transformers), which says "AmazonGlobal Eligible".
    When you click on it, the small number of remaining items appear to be available for purchase (if you are logged in, it doesn't say they are not available to your location).

One thing to note - items are not just being sold by Amazon. Be aware of items being sold by people and businesses (Amazon acts as an agent to process sales on behalf of others, like Ebay). So it is best to look for items that specify that they are "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com". Even if you want to buy from a non-Amazon source, if you intend to save on shipping, purchase items from the one source.

Now I only just placed an order for 11 items yesterday, so it hasn't even shipped yet, which is why I'm not getting too excited just yet. If it does, without any problems, I'll post about it here. Because this would certainly be a new option for those of us looking for cheaper options than BBTS or RK.
    And even if the toys were about the same price as other online stores or ebay, you can't beat Amazon's shipping prices. $11 for Unicron, and for the Gen2 FOC Bruticus, while the 10 TFPrime toys & Rescue Bots playset I ordered yesterday only cost me $25 shipping (most of their items have free shipping within America, so this isn't surprising). That amount of stuff from BBTS would be at least $60 shipping.

(on a related note - news within the toy industry is that Amazon is apparently looking to open up in Australia, after expanding into Europe recently... It won't mean cheaper toy prices here if they get their stock from the local distributors, but if they offer free domestic shipping like in America, it'd save having to hunt several stores looking for a specific figure)
    Last edited by griffin; 17th December 2012 at 11:54 PM.

Amazon Australia would be great. If the shipping works, here are some sample links to toys shipped from Amazon US that I think Ozformers could find interesting:

Knockout, Roadbuster, Dead End, Starscream and Dark Steel. (For example.)

Its not a mistake, they do ship SELECTED toys direct.

If Amazon Australia get up and running do you think they will have their own price and with the usual "Australia tax"? Just 1 easy change to stop Amazon international shipping to oz and we could be left with higher prices again.. as usual. Hopefully I am wrong I need to put down preorders on the US site soon before all the cool stuff sells out.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

They finally shipped the order. They split it up into three boxes, but still only cost $25 for the three. As such, they broke up the shipping between the three boxes, making one box only "costing" $1.56 in postage (for a DLX toy from America to here). You certainly can't beat that, even here. That meant AU$16.40 for a new-release DLX toy (which isn't even here yet)... better than any sale price here. It's even LESS than what Hasbro AUS charges Retailers here!!!
    How much of a scam is that, when it is possible to pay less (with shipping) than the Retailers here do.

Oddly enough, they charged my credit card in those three "parcel" amounts, instead of all at once when I placed the order.

They don't appear to have charged me on the preorder exclusives yet, so maybe that happens closer to the release date... or whenever they feel like it.

But great news on the regular stuff though.
    Amazon will be my first source from now on, and whatever they don't export, I can then get from other places, or locally as a last resort.
    (just don't let Hasbro AUS know, as they won't like us importing if it costs a lot less than retail prices here.)

this is really interesting. I just ordered some of the new Ninja Turtles toys, which BBTS had marked for US markets only... 5 toys and the total cost for postage was $10!!! With 8-10 days delivery estimate! What the hell, so total cost would be 70 bucks for 5 ninja turtles toys, that would probably go for 18-20 each over here. Once they get here that is...

AMAZING!

Here's a link for G2 Bruticus pre-order, which went offline earlier in the week. I'm very tempted to pick one up at that price, because it will be cheaper than Kmart/Big W retail for the regular version
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Here's a link for G2 Bruticus pre-order, which went offline earlier in the week. I'm very tempted to pick one up at that price, because it will be cheaper than Kmart/Big W retail for the regular version
    I'm tempted to preorder it as well for the very same reasons. Also, it's like $100 - $150 cheaper than the SDCC version making it better value for money.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]