Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: POTP Throne of the Primes redeco Optimal Optimus

bowspearer Guest

Ok, colour me unimpressed. For starters, the throne is cardboard. Maybe my expectations were a little high, but I was expecting a big chunk of plastic there. Then you have the sceptre which extends and ideally requires 4 Prime Masters to keep it stable when it's extended, yet only comes with 3.

This could have been something awesome, but Hasbro have massively cheaped out here.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Then you have the sceptre which extends and ideally requires 4 Prime Masters to keep it stable when it's extended, yet only comes with 3.
    But it does come with 4....
    It comes with Amalgamous, Nexus, Prima and the Thirteenth Prime.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    But it does come with 4....
    It comes with Amalgamous, Nexus, Prima and the Thirteenth Prime.
    The review I just saw only showed 3, but considering one of them I saw was the 13th Prime, it does expose a potential issue. The Prime Masters are on a rotating disc, where Amalgamous and Nexus are positioned on a completely different part of the disc to Prima. It looks like if you aren't mindful of that, that you can easily lose Prima.

While the 4 Prime Masters are a definite nice touch, I just can't get past that cardboard throne - not when you can be paying close to $200 for it.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    The review I just saw only showed 3, but considering one of them I saw was the 13th Prime, it does expose a potential issue. The Prime Masters are on a rotating disc, where Amalgamous and Nexus are positioned on a completely different part of the disc to Prima. It looks like if you aren't mindful of that, that you can easily lose Prima.

While the 4 Prime Masters are a definite nice touch, I just can't get past that cardboard throne - not when you can be paying close to $200 for it.
    I suspect tltc is overcharging a bit, need an official price and some potential competition before we can consider things

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I suspect tltc is overcharging a bit, need an official price and some potential competition before we can consider things
    TBH, I'd rather it were closer to that price and had a plastic or even stone resin throne, than cheaper and had a cardboard throne which was delicate and potentially didn't last anywhere near as long.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Preorder at The Little Toy Company for $185.

I like the season 1 Primal deco on Optimal Optimus, but I don't like it that much.

To be honest if the Prime Masters had exclusive Sky High, Iquanus and Pincher shells (or whoever) it might be a bit more tempting.

That seems rather expensive. I'd expect the SDCC price would be US$70-80 (about AU$100), as a normal Leader toy is US$50, and these sorts of SDCC toys aren't double their retail prices (like the Primatives Optimus, which was $50 at SDCC, while the regular Optimus was $45 at retail).

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That seems rather expensive. I'd expect the SDCC price would be US$70-80 (about AU$100), as a normal Leader toy is US$50, and these sorts of SDCC toys aren't double their retail prices (like the Primatives Optimus, which was $50 at SDCC, while the regular Optimus was $45 at retail).
    True enough that it won't be that much at the show but you need to factor in middleman costs/scalper pricing and international shipping(and GST on all of that). The TLTC price is expensive for sure but I think it's gonna be closer to the final cost for us for a lot of us to get our hands on it than we'd like to admit

I preordered this from tlc. Not sure if I’m going to get ripped hard.
    But I felt that it would have easily costed $185. By the time I shipped it over here.

Surprised that not many people seem too excited about this figure.

Since this appears to have been released/found in Asia, a gallery review of the toy can be seen here.