Thread: Universal Studios Toys (packaging) revealed

Default Universal Studios Toys (packaging) revealed

The Universal Studios exclusive series is to be available from this week at the American themepark (I'd be guessing they won't be limited stock, so should be selling them for many months, or even years, to come in their gift shop).
    (They are likely to be released at the Singapore one soon as well I'd imagine)

In their launch set (more may be released later) we have the staple Optimus and Bumblebee toys, plus their exclusive Evac toy.
    All are Deluxes, and come in exclusive packaging.
    Bumblebee is just a re-release of first TF3 figure, while Optimus is also meant to be an unchanged re-release of the Walmart exclusive Deluxe.

So, fans will buy up the Evac toys (if they other two are unchanged), while the kids and parents buying up souvenirs will buy up the Bee & Op toys... it's a win-win situation.

Now, it's just for collectors to get to Universal Studios, or pay a hefty amount for the few that will trickle onto ebay over the next few months.
    (you can just imagine some scalpers are going to buy up all Evacs that they can next week and flog them on ebay for $100+ each - for all those people who can't spend thousands getting to the themepark)

The first pics of the toys have been taken at the themepark, after one was bought, and now on ebay including this one ranging from $60-$130. (as expected, one dealer had over 10 listed)

It has been priced at US$21.95 - which may well be cheaper than a Deluxe here, but for Americans, that is well above their regular Deluxe Price... but was expected for a Themepark toy. After seeing firsthand how expensive toys are at Universal Studios (Marvel Crossovers) and Disney (Star Wars Crossovers), I was expecting about US$25, so this was cheaper than I thought they would be.

A gallery of the Deluxe Evac toy has been posted up here, which shows off the vehicle mode (which has green decos on it, that I didn't realise) and more of the robot mode detailing.

Tempted to get this off ebay, but at the $80 scalper price I'm reluctant.