Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most you have spent on a TF ?

Some memorable bargains...
    + G1 1986 Kup MISB for $5 (on sale at Grace Bros. (now Myer))
    + G1 Sixshot loose complete in box for free
    + G1 1984 Soundwave loose complete for $5, later someone gave me a 1984 Soundwave box for free
    + Beast Wars Transmetal 2 Megatron and Tigerhawk MISB for free
    + MISB Banzaitron for $20 (not to be confused with Banzai-Tron )

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    i think the most i've paid was 200 for rid prime and magnus :P nothing major for me to report .... yet
    Wow, is that how much they cost now?!

Those two do make one awesome Prime. And come to think of it now, the leg/arm transformation could have inspired City Commander..

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Wow, is that how much they cost now?!

Those two do make one awesome Prime. And come to think of it now, the leg/arm transformation could have inspired City Commander..
    It's a lot better than City Commander though. For one thing you don't have half the trailer forming an impractical BFG that the toy can't even hold properly. I prefer God Fire Convoy over Omega Prime though -- nicer colours (God Magnus has the darker grey instead of RiD Magnus' Hasbro Grey) and most importantly, superior quality rubber on the tyres that don't split. Although Hasbro's RiD Optimus Prime has more scratch-resistant chrome.

i dunno was a year or so ago , it might have been less than taht but i cant seem to find anything regarding the auction on ebay :S , but definately glad i grabbed it he's a real cool figure for all he's a bit top/back heavy

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's a lot better than City Commander though. For one thing you don't have half the trailer forming an impractical BFG that the toy can't even hold properly. I prefer God Fire Convoy over Omega Prime though -- nicer colours (God Magnus has the darker grey instead of RiD Magnus' Hasbro Grey) and most importantly, superior quality rubber on the tyres that don't split. Although Hasbro's RiD Optimus Prime has more scratch-resistant chrome.
    Interesting how Hasbro was able to produce the version with the better Chrome. I should dig mine out of storage to see if the rubber has split :/

My biggest gripe on these awesome overkill Primes is the serious lack of a nemesis. RiD Galvatron's 7th flying dragon mode can hardly take on Omega Prime/God Fire Convoy's 3kg of crushing plastic.

yeah 2 of my tires have split

The tyres on RiD toys is awful. Let me put it this way, I got Super Fire Convoy in 2000 - even now the tyres have never split. I got RiD Optimus Prime in 2002, after a few months, the tyres split. Same thing happened w/ my X-Brawn. So my Takara Fire Convoy, which is 2 years older than my RiD OP, still has better condition rubber tyres. The splitting tyres is a widely reported problem on RiD toys, but I've yet to hear reports of a single Car Robot toy that has split tyres. It seems that in this case, Takara definitely used better quality rubber on their tyres than Hasbro.

Oh, and IMO the voices sound better on God Fire Convoy... a lot louder for one thing, and it actually sounds like the voices from the Car Robot anime... whereas RiD Optimus Prime's voice sounds nothing like Neil Kaplan -- it's just some generic 'action hero' voice. (-_-)

For me atm, I think I have spent $900 on Fort Max, and I haven't got him all complete yet.

I don't think I have broken the $600 mark. At least a couple of my figures have cost that much not more.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You and I have very different definitions of "reasonable."

I'm not saying you're wrong... just that our opinions do differ
    I'm mainly going off the Fort Max prices really.. I thought 2500 was a horrendous price to pay for one, but after looking around, it seems to be the going rate these days and most of the guys mention they've picked one up heaps cheaper then that
    my most expensive was Grand Max for 2k or 131000¥ + shipping + spotters fee , Black Zarak for 1k ish 68000¥ + shipping +spotters fee
    My cheapest was from my gf's brothers wifes brother. he had some tf's he didn't want (?) when he dropped them off, it was Galvatron, Jetfire, Kup, Hotrod and Ultra Magnus all 100% complete MIB. the only bad thing was, he said that there were more with no boxes so he gave them to the Salvos..

Nooooooooo.